SAH Documentary in preliminary stages

My daughter and I are in the very early stages of getting ready to produce a documentary about survivors of SAHs and what to expect when they go home from hospital, where to get help, and to know they're not alone! The main goal is for every survivor to receive a DVD for themselves and family members, before they are released from the hospital.

Right now, we have a friend who is doing research for grant money.

BTG was my only help and salvation during the toughest times following my SAH, and still is. I didn't find this site until about 4 months of being home and wondering what was happening to me! You all were my life-line and I am so grateful. A special thank you to Karen Hyder for starting this site (you're an angel!) and all of you who help keep it going!!!

In the mean time, I am asking for any of you and/or family members, who may be interested in participating (being on camera and telling your story, what you want others to know about after effects, to please email me your name and country where you reside.

When, not if, (positive thinking here!) the grant money comes in, we would like to travel around UK and US to meet up with as many of you as possible, to be able to tell your stories.

In order to get grant money we need to make up a proposal, which includes a budget, time-line, etc...

I am so excited about this project and only wish to help as many as possible - including medical personnel who are also in need of education in this area!!!

If you have any questions or are willing to participate in this project, PLEASE email me:

cpwinter24@aol.com

Really looking forward to hearing from you all and meeting you :biggrin: I'm hoping to have grant money and be ready for travel by April or May. Please keep your fingers and all crossable body parts crossed, lol.

Love to all of you,

Carolyn

Carolyn

What are wonderful thing you are trying to do! Like you I had nowhere to go people to speak to when I came out of hospital, didnt find this site till nearly a year after my SAH

If I can be of any help please let me know

Take care and hope to speak soon

Linda x

Thank you Linda and Ern.

I'm getting some emails from folks who are willing to be interviewed and/or help. Im really excited and can't wait to get this project going.

Currently writing up interview questions about how it's affected our lives and relationships, what we're capable of or not, what "normal" is for us now, accepting changes, mental health issues... what we would want others (family, friends, medical professionals) to know about our reoveries and how they can help.

Hoping to have funds/grants available by March or April so we can start traveling and meeting up with all you wonderful survivors!!!

Love and thanks,

Carolyn

Thank you Linda and Ern.

I'm getting some emails from folks who are willing to be interviewed and/or help. Im really excited and can't wait to get this project going.

Currently writing up interview questions about how it's affected our lives and relationships, what we're capable of or not, what "normal" is for us now, accepting changes, mental health issues... what we would want others (family, friends, medical professionals) to know about our reoveries and how they can help.

Hoping to have funds/grants available by March or April so we can start traveling and meeting up with all you wonderful survivors!!!

Love and thanks,

Carolyn

Carolyn, that's great news! Will keep everything crossed!

Take care xx

Yay - Thank you Mary. Of course I need you :biggrin: I'm hoping we might be able to get a few others, close to your region, in on this too! I'm thinking David (where are you?) is around, right?

Some of you may want to participate, but not be filmed - for those of you who are camera shy, we can do an audio or take written thoughts and work it in!

Also - I didn't mean to exclude anyone in in Canada!!! I don't want to exclude anyone at all. Just trying to figure out the logistics, etc...

I'm getting more and more excited as emails come in!!!!!! I know, I use that exclamation point too much :lol:

Going to hit the green room and catch up on things.

Hugs to all,

Carolyn

Carolyn,

Sounds like a great idea, count me in! Mary and I are about 3 hours away (the way I drive). That way Mary can poke me in the eyes in real life instead of virtually. Any way I can help please let me know. I think I look fat on camera but maybe by then ... Mary will not have a hair out of place. I look forward to hearing more about it Carolyn. Thanks.

David

Haha David! I look forward to seeing Mary poke you in the eyes :lol:

Good to have you on board. Will def keep in touch as to what's happening.

They say the camera adds 10 lbs to the body, haha. We will just have my daughter do some tricks with the camera and we can all have the bodies we want:biggrin: Actually, I think we are all perfect in every way - I keep telling myself this and I think my brain and body are starting to believe it! The power of positive thinking, it does a body good :lol: