Side Effects

Hi All

I was just wondering if anybody is experiencing the same as me. Prior to my SAH two years ago I suffered with spondylosis but it was manageable since my SAH I have developed arthritis of my neck and spine and it has come on very quickly and is very disabling. It just seems coincidental that this has happened since I had a SAH. I was just curiious to know if anybody else has had ailments which seem to have been accelerated after their SAH, I've also suffered with very bad sinus problems again worse since aneurysm.

Cheers

John

Hi John,

Do you know which artery your aneurysm was on? Mine's on the post right communicating artery and I still get sinus type pain around my right eye. It seems to be quite common that mis-diagnosed annie's are initially put down to sinus problems.

From what I've read, I believe that the hypothalamus, pituitary gland that are in close proximity to the circle of willis, can be affected after a brain haemorrhage. It might be worth you doing a Wikipedia search.

With my own circumstances, I find that I have hormone problems since the SAH. Have you spoken to your Doc about it? Sometimes, a simple blood test can rule things out .... I also suffer bad cramps in my legs and I've been found to have lack of calcium since the SAH, so I'm now on calcium and vit D supplements, as well as iron tabs.

Good luck.

Hi Karen

Thanks for your reply. My diagnosis was embolisation of anterior communicating artery aneurysm, thats the official diagnosis that they told my wife. No doubt they may enlighten me further next month after my MRI scan as apparently "they missed a bit".

Anyway have a Merry Christmas. Christmas holds a few bad memories for me as my problems started Christmas Eve two years ago when I had the famous "headache from Hell" but at least I'm here to tell the story.

Cheers

John

Hi karen/John

My annie was clipped and the Angio taken afterwards showed no further problems so I was discharged from my Neurosurgeon. My annie was the opposite side to yours Karen it was the left post comm artery.

I still get pain around my eye more so if I'm overtired and definitely seem to suffer with my sinuses more. Can't mention that word to Morris though as that is what the G.P diagnosed me with before I went into hospital.

Have a lovely christmas John.

Janet x

Hi Janet,

Think that we're pretty similar .... but on the other side, as such.

A sinus infection was what I was diagnosed with, the 2nd time around ... but definetely suffer with more facial/eye pain, than I used to ..... I agree with you .... when I get tired, it does enhance it ..... it's reassuring to know that you get the same .... but, wish that we didn't! :) xx

Hi All

Ive been getting real sore eyes this week so I'm reassured by reading your posts, I too suffer with more joint pain especially in my neck a small price to pay, happy xmas everyone I've wrapped all my pressies and got into a real pickle doing it! and my shopping is all ordered and will arrive on Friday so all I've got to do is put my feet up!!

Yasmin

x