Speech Problems

I really need advice about speech problems. For 2 days i am having problems getting words out, the words are in my head but i cannot say them i then stutter, i never had this problem, actually talking makes me so tired and i am still getting headaches. I am waiting for Monday so that i can go to the doctors. Has anyone else ever experieced such problems after SAH.

Myra xxx

Guest zip2me23

I had a rupture in May of 2007 and I know just what you are saying, that is one of the problems I am still having, worse when I get stressed or tired, you described it perfectly, the words are in your head but just don't come out. It can be very stressful! Zip

Hi Myra and Zip

I'm almost 18 months post SAH and when tired my speech is still affected my words come out jumbled and sometimes backwards. Just as well my sense of humour wasn't affected because my husband and daughters find it hilarious :lol::lol: But it can be very frustrating at times.

Janet x

Same here, 17 months post SAH, when tired my speech deteriorates quite significantly; words are slurred and often I say one word when I mean another. I used to have a very quick mind/tongue but these days it's like trying to think through treacle. Very frustrating.

Hi there

Yep, me too. I suppose we should recognise that we're overtired, exhausted when it happens and just stop and rest.

But yes, I know, sometimes we still want to finish something or other and plough on, even though we know we should just sit down and be quiet. :roll:

I also notice when I've pushed myself too far and I just want to finish a chapter of a book or the paper, that when I look back I can't actually remember a thing I've read. (Just had to reread a whole chapter of a book I'm in the middle of reading, 'cos I couldn't for the life of me remember why 2 characters were suddenly involved in the plot). Not sure this paragraph makes sense, but sure you'll catch my drift...

I'm off now, I'm rambling (that also happens when I'm tired) :?

Big hugs

lesley xxx

Guest zip2me23

I am so glad you mentioned the problem remembering what you have read, not all the time, but if I am tired or too much happening around me, I can't remember a thing! Also if it is something that you really have to concentrate on it just doesn't compute no matter how many times I read it! I thought it might just be me. Zip