ron kratz - new member

ronaldkratz

Hi everyone

I'm 8 years, coming up 9 years post SAH on the 26th June. I was in a coma for 6 days and family were told only a 2 % chance of survival and best outcome a nursing home forever. I consider myself a Miracle and I'm able to live back home with caregivers! I'm blind left side of both eyes and thankful I can walk short distances but i'm permanently disabled.

I cannot drive so I found a cheap recumbent bike which was a Godsend as I can go places and feel free-er. 

I hope you are all improving and finding ways to move forward towards a more "ole normal" type life!

Take care xoxo

Hi Ron

A very warm welcome to BTG.

Its great to read you are doing so well, especially after all you have been through, you are a miracle :)

Your positive post will give a lot of hope to others here in the early stages of their recovery.

Feel free to join in the daily banter in The Green room.

http://web.behindthegray.net/forum/9-the-green-room/

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Take care

Tina.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Ron 

i often see a chap near near where I live out on a recumbent bike, it looks like hard work but he has a long flag attached so he’s more visual to drivers. Sounds like you have made huge progress in the last nine years and hopefully that I’ll continue as I am learning that it never stops changing. 

Your post will help others and the idea of the recumbent is new, I’ve heard people got trikes before but never that. Cool! 

Archived