Headaches

Hi all,
As I have mentioned before I had a vein bleed May 2018.  I do not have a coil or clamp.  For the most part, there seems to be some form of a headache or sensations most the time.  The bad headaches on a scale of 1-10 rank around a 7-8.  I used to have a bad headache for the first 3 months every week to week and a half.  Now they have become less frequent. 

However, two days ago my husband and I were on a business trip everything was going well out for a drive with me driving.  We came back to our hotel room to get ready for dinner and BAM the most excruciating headache about an 8.  This went on all night and into the next day.  We flew home last night.  Today, I still have the remnants of this headache about a 3 with all the little weird sensations.

I have read on this blog, drink lots of water.  But, what else works to help keep  the headaches at bay?  Exercise, walking, diet?  Would really love to hear from everyone.

I found Chocs helped me Susan,  but seriously see Doc if you are really worried as stress is no good for any of us.

If it is nothing then you can stop worrying over it,  I had headaches after coiling  and cannot take any troubles on,  whereas before I could.

I get headache when Daughter talks too much politics to me, try singing as that's what I did and passed my pains on to Family xx 

Good luck and hope you can get some advice on this  xxxx

The this may sound funny but I often worry about getting these hideous headaches (so different than anything I experienced before SAH) when out and doing things that the stress of this fear keeps them at bay until I get home/back to the hotel room and I relax - then bam!

I'm afraid the only thing that helps then is water, pain relief and sleep. In some ways I'm just like my 8 year old nephew who gets sick after too much excitement.

I'm hoping that I learn soon how to balance my excitement/stress levels out better - I can cope better with a slightly raised pain level for an extended period far better than I can with the hideous pain that comes after a good day.

Sorry your trip ended on a down note and that this is extended  in time.

Archived