newby - Lorraine

lorraine 1952

Hello everyone,im new to this site but i hope you are all well.I had a hemorrhage about 8 weeks ago and had an operation to coil the aneurysm which was 8mm.I spent about 7 days in ICU and as you can imagine i was very very poorly.I also have another 3 aneurysms which are 4mm.My docs are scanning me again in march to see if they have grown at all ( i pray to God they havent )I am feeling better each day but still have headaches regularly,im wondering is this normal. x

Hi Lorraine. I also had a SAH which was coiled 8 weeks ago. I suffer headaches and weird pains, dizziness etc everyday and have received lots of reassurance off the guys on here that its normal. I'm so scared since it happened and am so glad I found this site. I'm so sorry to read that you have other aneurysms and wish you all the luck in the world for March. Lisa xx

Hi Lorraine. Glad you found BTG so quickly. As Jord says, headaches are normal, very common. If you think what our poor brains put up with then it's hardly surprising.

Take it really slow, I can't recommend a better way to recover than at a tortoise pace but I just clocked up 9 months since my SAH at the weekend and am having some really nice days now as long as I remember to intersperse them with resting.

The good news is that our brains are amazing but remember they use a massive amount of energy just to do everyday tasks so will need even more nourishment and care now they're healing. Eat frequently, drink even more and rest rest rest. Oh and smile :-P be well. Wishing you all the best.