Been high's & lows

Hi there

I’m Louise I had my brain Haemorrhage 6 years ago after I came home from work.

Brilliant to find you’re web site. :wink:

I had my Brain Haemorrhage 6 years ago so you could say I’m an old hand there’s been good days followed by lots of bad days 4 steps forward & 6 back tiredness being the thing that runs my life then & now.

The frustration for me because although my body wasn’t really affected all that much however my memory was I’m very slow now & find some things then & now difficult to do or understand.

My life didn’t just changed it totally was turned up side down when it happened I have changed last year my cousin was home from Australia & they were stunned at the change in me not visually it’s a strange thing to explain the old me doesn’t exist now but she’s still there.

But in 6 years I have learned what my limitations are my strengths it doesn’t mean to say I like it but it makes things easier, I am at college now doing advanced IT & recently have started to design cards & things which happened completely by accident its on the computer this computer has been a god send a life line for me its gave me something that I really enjoy doing & that is it I think if you can find something that the ‘new you’ is suited too for me it didn’t happen over night & it wasn’t in the first year either its only been in the last few years that I have managed to gain some sort of a control on things.

But everyone is different I too have my sleep pattern affected by things if I have things on my mind I can’t sleep all that well.

I only drink One cup of coffee a day because coffee stimulates the brain.

I too was made redundant whilst I was off work I had just been finally discharged from hospital & a few weeks later the letter arrived, & within 5 day I was re-admitted.

Well probably lots more to say but don’t want to bore you all at once

Again great site well done not just for thinking about it but for doing something that I wish I had been able to do.

Take care

Louise.

Welcome Louise! :D

It's really good to hear from you and thanks for giving us some of your background. It's really interesting to hear from people that had their bleed a few years back and how they've been dealing with life.

You talk all you like.....you certainly won't bore us!!! :lol: It's great to hear that you've discovered the computer and it's something that you enjoy. Yep, it's a great way to keep in contact with people and I couldn't be without one now. I certainly wouldn't have been able to have set up this site and I've met some really lovely people.....so it's been well worth doing and helpful in my own recovery. :)

Do you have family? Hope that I don't come across as too nosy, but do you mind if I ask how old you are? It's just easier to talk to people if you know a little bit more about them.

Like you, I find that caffeine really affects my head.....so I only drink de-caff now.......but it doesn't taste half as good, so I only have one cup a day. Normally I just drink water and top up with the odd sports drink. But, yes, really miss my coffee especially first thing in the morning.

Anyway, must go and some housework.....I'm a lazy so and so today....can't get motivated!

Hope that you will write some more and join in with some of the other discussion......it's always great to have an "old hand" on the MB....I would imagine that you would have plenty of advice to give!

Good to meet you........write all you like!!!

Love Karen x :D

Hi Karen

No your not being nosy I’m 47 now I had the brain haemorrhage 3 months to the day after my 40th birthday, they say life begins at 40 well mine certainly changed that’s for sure,

I’m married but don’t have a family.

I don’t like de-caff either that’s why I just have the one cup in the morning my kick start I find water a bit tasteless my taste buds were affected so I do drink water but normally I drink Ribena the sweetness keeps me alert know that might sound strange to some but its true.

I know that feeling of not getting motivated it happens most days to me I always just think tomorrow will be better.

Take care

Louise.

Hi Louise,

No, life doesn't begin at 40 does it? ..... I know quite a few people who have had health problems around this age.

I'm a bit tired today ..... hence the lack of motivation ..... just been doing some work on this site. Like yourself, I need the sugar boost sometimes when I have a drink, it seems to help the energy levels.

I just take each day at a time .. like you say, tomorrow is another day and hopefully, a better one! :)

Anyway, going now to prepare something "Gourmet" for dinner (yeah, ha ha!!) All I feel like doing is beans on toast !

Nice to talk to you!

Love Karen x

Hi Karen

Yes beans on toast not been the first time I have settled down to that by the time it comes to cooking at the end of the day I'm to knackered sometimes to do anything much else.

I learned about tomorrow being another day within the first year I think it was but when I'm really tired I seem to forget it somehow.

nice speaking to you too

Take care

Louise. :roll:

Hi Louise,

Hope that your weekend is going okay ...... Have you been up to much? Well, for me I've spent most of today catching up with the washing and ironing that I didn't do yesterday .... so I'm hoping that I can leave the chores behind tomorrow and do something nice! My Husband, Eric took me out for a nice car ride through the countryside this afternoon ... we live near Wimborne in Dorset, so it doesn't take too long to get out into the sticks. Been too tired today to do much else, but quite enjoy having a ride out, just to get out of the house!

I'm quite lucky to have a few hobbies .... so I can normally find something to do ... at the minute I'm concentrating on making some decorations for Christmas, which involve a bit of sewing and some beading. When I have more energy, I love my garden ... but I'm only a fair weather gardener! We've grown lots of veggies and salad this year, some have been quite successful, others have been a disaster, but I've quite enjoyed it. Our garden is only tiny, but it's amazing what we've managed to cram in.

After six years, how much improvement do you think that you've made? I'm at 14 months post SAH ..... my recovery has been slow and the improvement has happened, but it's been so slow that I've hardly noticed the changes. I'm still plagued by dizziness, which is hopefully going to be helped when my rehab appointment comes through. The fatigue has improved quite a bit, but it's still a big part of my week. My eyesight is still dodgy as I had a 3rd nerve palsy, therefore my bad eye doesn't quite line up with the good one. I just wonder how much more recovery I can expect at this stage or whether you've found that you still made recovery after this point?

Anyway, must go .... hope all is well with you,

Take care,

Love Karen x :D

Hi Karen

Yes it’s nice to get out into the country side the space the green it’s just so nice isn’t, we live in the heart of Edinburgh where there’s lots & lots of people, noise hustle & bustle, since I had the brain haemorrhage I’m not all that keen on the crowded area’s.

That’s our aim if we ever move house to get a garden my husband would love to grow his own veggies & me well I’m into herbs herb’s that are good for you that is.

I’ve just asked my husband how much improvement he thinks I’ve made in the 6 years his answer amazed me 95% because I don’t see that.

Yes I was like that the improvements were so slow at 14 months that I didn’t notice it, but slowly it strength grew, fatigue for me was a huge part & still is but that’s how I am it’s the type of brain haemorrhage that I’ve had, my optic nerve was damaged I now have eyes that are very light sensitive.

If you’re anything like me at this stage you can still expect loads & loads of recovery still waiting to happen.

Well all for now need to go & dry the dishes it never ends. :(

Take care

Louise.

Hi Louise,

We live at opposite ends of the country then! I have never been to Scotland, but my Husbands been quite a few times, mainly with work and he always says how lovely it is.

I can't stand crowds or noise, I think that I've improved a little bit on that front, but not enough......my brain seems to get a bit confused with it all. Like you, I'm very light sensitive, I was before the bleed, but it's definetly worse since..... especially in brightly lit shops....always keep my sunglasses perched on top of my head, just in case.

Well, it's good to know how much you've improved and very encouraging for me to hear it from somebody else that's gone through it. My dizziness I think has got worse and until I get my appointment through for rehab, then I feel stuck in a rut.....I might start patching over my bad eye again, just to see if it makes any difference when I'm out......even though I get stared at!! :lol:

My daughter has just picked up another bug ... she was only off school a couple of days last week, with a temperature and sore throat.....just hope that I don't get it! Anyway, must go and do some work ..... emptying the dishwasher, they are great machines, but nobody here ever wants to fill it or empty it out.... so I'm not sure whether I gain any extra time by having one!!

Take care,

Love Karen x

Hi Karen

My husband said I should send in something that tells what happened to me & that it just takes a long time, everyone is different, time is the healer, the brain is such a complex piece of machinery.

I missed the boring bits out, & it wouldn’t get an A or a B in English for it but he said it’s from the heart & that’s what matters.

I think what you’re doing is brilliant, it must take up a lot of time & energy to do it.

Who cares if you get stared at with your patch on you know its for a good reason, I find since this happened to me people are so ignorant about things but there are exceptions though: I was on the bus not long after I was out of hospital the second time my first outing on my own I’d fibbed to my Dad said I was tired & sent him home, I’d arranged to meet Ronnie at his work so I could try a bus journey on my own anyway I was sitting in front of this woman with her young son ‘ewe Mummy look at that ladies head its got scabby bit in it’ ha ha!!

It was where they’d taken the staples out but I had to laugh at his honesty.

I pick up bugs easily now very easily.

Well have to go & get things organized for college, two classes this week then its Mid term break we only went back at the start of September.

Take care

Louise.

Good morning Louise,

Yep, your story was very good and your Husband was right to make you send something in. I still enjoy reading other peoples experiences and I think that it helps anybody that's new to recovery. Like you say, it also gives a realistic overview to recovery....some of us are slow healers and others are faster.....we're all so different, with lots of different experiences.

Yes, the site does keep me busy .... at times, I've wondered what I've let myself in for! :lol: I felt though, that the internet was a bit short on sites specific to SAH and also, I didn't want it just to be limited to medical postings.....but some light hearted chit chat, day to day stuff, as life goes on and it's nice to be able to talk about the weather, the kids or anything else.... a bit of companionship really with people that are all in the same boat, so to speak! But, yes, I'm pleased that it's working out okay at the minute......I think that it's down to the people that use it, whether it works or not and how much they want out of it. Some of the guys on the site I've been speaking to for about 9 months now and they're a great crowd, they help me out with articles etc and it keeps the site looking fresh.

I bet that boy's Mum was mortified when he said that about your head! I can remember my own kids coming out with a few choice things when they were younger.

It's nice that you have College to keep you occupied, you sound really enthusiastic about it........holidays already! I don't know!!

Take care,

Lots of love, Karen x