Stiff Neck

Guest Thistle

Guest Thistle

Just wondered if anyone ever gets a stiff neck? I sometimes feel like I have been sleeping in a draught, it's not bad enough to go to the doctors with but sometimes get funny headaches and a bit of a stiff neck which lasts for a good few hours.

When I first had my SAH I had a really sore neck and thought I had been sleeping in a funny position but was told it's the blood running down the spinal column. Does the blood remain in the system for a long time afterwards?

Hi Thistle,

My neck's my main problem area. When I'm in bad form the neck pain/stiffness etc will start long before a headache. Even when I had the main SAH it was the neck that went funny as opposed to the head explosion. I love these wheat bags that you heat up. I don't know if they do any harm but they make my neck feel Fantastic.

Aine x

It was the other way around for me. It was just at the front of the head for the main event. When I had the second bleed it was both front and back as if I'd been hit with 2 baseball bats! I had a stiff neck for a few days when I came home from hospital, but never had a problem since although my wife sometimes says I'm a pain in the neck!! :lol:

Regards

Keith

It turns out I had a 'pre-bleed' on a Thursday followed by another or main bleed on the following Monday. Both onsets were very similar - a kind of explosion behind/in my right eye quickly followed by a very severe headache and an extremely stiff neck as if I'd massively trapped a nerve (which is what I thought I'd done - how wrong can you be!!). From Thursday to Sunday I stayed in bed, flat on my back and if I didn't move my neck (which remained very very sore) my head didn't hurt, but if I did move it I had a massive headache. Same thing happened on the Monday but after about 10 minutes I think I lost consciousness as I don't remember any more.

Anyway, still get a stiff/sore neck quite often, as well as some lower back pain, and believe it's blood dissipating in spinal column.

Sarah :wink:

Guest Thistle

I really appreciate your replies, it's very re-assuring when you find other people have the same symptoms as you and that you're not being paranoid!

Thanks for sharing your experiences with me, wish I had joined the group ages ago. :)

Guest Firefly

:) I have had neck pains but, I have disc problems. I thought that is what was wrong when I had my rupture at first.

That is a sign of a leak or rupture though, esp. with a headache. Do you have any other symptoms?? Nausia, dizziness, blurred vision???

:idea: I would call your Dr. and talk to him or go for a visit. I just don't think that it is worth it, just thinking you are paranoid and something is really wrong?? I would rather be safe than sorry! :wink:

I will keep you in my prayers! Keep us posted and get checked out if it is still bothering you! Tricia