Disability hearing coming up.....

Hey all!

I have a disability hearing coming up at the end of April. I am currently on state disability - the April hearing will be for federal disability. Originally, the hearing and disability were for my back. I am in pain so bad that I really can't stand, sit leaning back, or walk for more than 10 minutes at at time.

Needless to say, doctors can't find a thing wrong. Now my lawyer thinks I just handed her a plum with having an SAH. I guess my original back problem was looking a little iffy if I brought it to a judge.

So here's my dilemma: I came out of this aneurysm with flying colors with no problems whatsoever. I notice that if anything, I just get tired out very easily and I am not as sharp as I used to be in word games and things of this sort (hopefully I will improve).

I had a checkup two weeks ago and was told I was in as good a condition as possible, although that one day being out, going over to the city and back, left me absolutely exhausted. I was told that the decision to finish the coiling procedure will be made when the torn artery in my neck completely heals in six months, at which time I will go back for an angiogram.

What I'm wondering is what to say to the judge. He will have all the medical records and they will say I am doing fine. The judge will be considering whether I can go back to work. My back is screaming no, but I know judges don't have a lot of sympathy for back problems. However, I know my stroke will be brought into play here and that's what will probably get me my disability.

The question I have is, should it? After all the problems I see you guys having, I feel so fortunate and I'm inclined to think I have no problems at all. My lawyer tells me when I see the judge, this is my time to whine. I'm not comfortable with that, but really, do I have anything to whine about (besides my back)?

My stroke will be four months in the past by the time of the hearing - how well should I feel at that time? I know everyone is different, but I'm curious if after four months, anyone would consider themselves well enough to go back to work?

Rodent,

I had my SAH in 2009 and still cannot walk without pain, I can walk approx. 100 yards then the pain barrier

sets in. I am still waiting to get it looked at. 72 steps is max I have done.

I went to acupuncturist who eased my bum bone up a little, but the pain in my back really hurts.

I wish my doc would listen to me !! but No he just reads my notes and never looks at me (eyeball to eyeball) tut !

I am angry now lol oh well I am alive. Good days and bad days are with us so today will be a good day for me.

Good luck "R"

WinB143 xx

I suffered terrible back trouble before the SAH, and not so much at all now, I was told that they both were connected but don't know if that was just in my case or if its a fact....

Yes you whine away about stuff you have a bad back, you've had a SAH like all of us you tire easy, one day out can take a few days to recover, if you just cant do a thing after those sort of days I call that Fatigue that is a lot different to being plain tired.

Your finding mind games hard. So I'd say your just the same as most of us, whine about it.

I wish you well at the hearing and take care try not to stress too much about it....

Thanks, you guys. It's helpful to have support like this.

I was told that before the main rupture happened, I may have had small leaks that traveled down the spinal cord and caused the back pain. As my pain is still there, I doubt that happened in my case. However, I had had some swallowing problems and I finally got the go ahead to see a doctor specializing in this problem.

I went in for the initial visit and testing right before my stroke, and had a follow up visit about two months after the stroke. At that point, I told the doctor I didn't see the point of any more testing because I wasn't having any more swallowing problems.

When I told him I had had a stroke, he said it was possible that the aneurysm might have been pushing against the nerves in the back of my head that affect my throat. So I found out there's a lot of things in play when you have an aneurysm, and it's just not all in the head.