Feeling "different"

Guest troopersway

Guest troopersway

Hi all and Happy New Year. Not been on for a while and to recap - SAH in August 2007 now coiled and got back to work 8 weeks after discharge. Oh and SAH was diagnosed as "viral infection" when I crawled into local hospital) Usual symptoms prevail, tiredness, memory loss, speech problems, weakness in limbs and numbness and tingling - had TIA 6 weeks after SAH but otherwise have done great!!!

Had two weeks off over Christmas which was great and felt really good. Went back to work on Monday (working from home and only part time!) then on Tuesday developed "headache" like my old Migrains I had pre-SAH days, i.e head pressure and nausea. On wednesday I was actually sick but headache had subsided by Thursday night. During these three days I took my usual doso of Co-codamol but wHen I take Co-codamol it sends me loopy in that I feel like I have had 10 pints and really spaced out. However, I have not had any medication since Thursday last week and I still feel really weird. I feel dizzy, unbalanced, fuzzy head with intermittent pains. I have nausea too! I am more clumsy than ever and have to focus on what I do. I notice it gets worse if I bend forward! I am really having to concentrate to function and my speech has got a little worse now i.e. can not remember how to say what I want to say! I also feel my eyes are a little blurry but only slightly :?: You know how you feel when you get off the Walzers or a roller coaster - thats me! Is this normal?????

Problem shared is a problem halved.

Regards

I feel dizzy, unbalanced, fuzzy head with intermittent pains. I have nausea too! I am more clumsy than ever and have to focus on what I do. I notice it gets worse if I bend forward! I am really having to concentrate to function and my speech has got a little worse now i.e. can not remember how to say what I want to say! I also feel my eyes are a little blurry but only slightly You know how you feel when you get off the Walzers or a roller coaster - thats me! Is this normal?????

Hi I am Stephen sah 1/11/07.

I thought i had written the above message. It is so similar to how i feel, the pain for myself is not significant. The waltzers feeling is so accurate.

This has been how i have felt since i returned home.

I am of the opinion that if it is worse, go and get professional opinion. The speech issue is so accurate, i feel that i converse using a limited vocabulary and this is so different to before sah.

Hi,

I've been pretty much as you've both described, since the SAH ...2.6 years ago. However, I feel that fatigue plays a part in this problem, as does stress ...

Troopersway - If you only had the SAH in Aug 2007, then you've done pretty well to return to work 8 weeks after your discharge. It seems to be, that the 3 month stage post SAH, is normally the earliest that some can return to work. I would also ask your Doc for some migraine medication, to actually help prevent them, rather than dealing with the horse, after it's bolted, as such.

I take a beta blocker to help prevent the migraines and it's helped reduced them considerably. If you've had a TIA, then personally, I would get myself checked out with the Doc, to make sure that it isn't anything else.

I have been feeling the same 18 months on. I went back to work 8 weeks after as well but then nearly a year on I started suffering terribly with migraines, tiredness, dizziness etc etc. I've seen my gp and waiting scan and consultant. If you are unsure go and see your GP.

Laura

xx

PS Where abouts in the midlands are you? I was diagnosed with an infection too and i'm in the midlands!

Guest troopersway

HI Laura and all

Thanks for all the responses, still the same as yesterday so will give the Neuro nurses a call this morning see what they say.

As for the mis-diagnosis and the history behind this: I had my SAH or rather the rupture of the aneurism one afternoon, whilst home alone, felt it as clear as day with a sudden pain like no other in my head and a feeling of warm water pouring across my head. This was at 6 o'clock as I had just returned home from a friends to collect a DVD and was due straight back there for my Tea, she had my daughter with her at the time. The next thing I remember was at 8.15 I let my friend in and told her I felt sick and had a migraine. Recall some conversation and I told her I was fine but could she put my daughter to bed and I did the same.

She reluctanty left, we went to bed and I had a night from hell with pain. At 4 am I thought about calling an amubulance but did not want to "alarm" my sleeping daughter so I stayed in bed. In the morning I dragged myself up, got Georgia ready for sports camp and drove her there then went straight to Minor injuries in Lichfield. Practically crawled in, explained that I had a stiff neck, headache, terrible nausea and a really blood shot eye! The nurse took notes and said shoudl see the Doctor on call an hour later so had a lie down until young chap arrived. Explained all again to him and he said "I think it's a viral infection, we'll give you something for the sickness, if not better in a few days come back or see GP. This was the Friday morning. I went home and curled up. My hubby and son were fishing in France and due back that day. On the Saturday - me worse than ever we drove to London for my sisters wedding. Reluctant but with Georgia the bridesmaid and Jack doing a reading we had to go. Endured the whole day supported by pillows and explaing to worried family it was a Virus!

On the sunday, now back home the friend who "rescued" me on the Thursday came round and filled in the gaps! She had called me several times when I was "missing" but I did not answer, then eventually I picked up the phone and talked rubbish, just blabbering on about nothing. She came over a bit later as she was really worried and I eventually answered the door wearing my blouse and my PJ bottoms. I ran upstairs when I answered the door and was sick! She informed me it was 2 hours that I was unaccounted for - we think I must have passed out as I had a bruise on my shoulder and a bump on the head. Hearing about all this we realised it was worse than we thought and obviously the hospital did not know all about the sickness, loss of time so we went back but this time to A & E in Burton. They were great and after a two hour wait to be seen as a walk in patient, an excellent Doctor picked up the alarm bells and ordered a Scan - from there a transfer to Nottingham and two weeks later, follwoing embolisation I was home! The TIA followed a few weeks later, back in hospital for a weekend!. So although I was mis-diagnosed I was lucky. Glad I made the wedding although I look awful on the photos. The saddest part was it all happened the day before we were to fly out on holiday but we can have a holiday any time. It was so lucky that I saw my friend on the Sunday as I would not have pestered the medical people again without the additional information I had and would have "put up with it" although I was deteriorating quickly.

Lucky is what I feel, glad to be hear also but now with this new onset of symptoms it is a daily reminder of the significance of it all. Although back to work and want to be, I appreciate the comments from all whcih shows me that I have a long way to go but hope it is a scenic journey!

Thanks for the updates, will keep you posted on what the Neuro Nurses recommend but expect it is back to GP.

Had another scan on 27th December as I am "high risk" of repeat as I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, a connective tissue disorder and they beleive it is Vascular type but the scan was ok!

Realising that things change daily, just glad for the support of others on this site, virtual support groups at their best.

Thanks all, shall update later

Nikki - happy, thankful but still felling weird!

Guest troopersway

Just to explain why I was mis-dressed - I had obviously wet myself when it happened and some how had manage to change my bottom half clothing - how and when can not remember but found the offending trousers under the bed two days later!!!! The indignity of SAH!!!!!

Nikki,

Thanks for your story. I had an embarrassing paart too- I was so hot that I striped off and was lying on the bed, then started being really sick and couldn't even get to bathroom. Called my mum and dad to come and help me who live about 100 yards away but didn't tell hem I had no clothes on. When they arrived and flew up the stairs there I was 26 and naked!!! A shock for my dad!!

Laura

xx