Head Banging

Hi All

Just wondering if anybody has experienced this. I am pretty good at the moment but last night I woke in the middle of the night as I thought I heard someone knocking our door but then realised I was listening to my own heartbeat amplified in my head, I thought it was a dream but on waking fully it was still prominent for quite a few seconds then totally eased off, I then went back to sleep. I then woke up as normal later with a slight headache and am now OK. I am just curious as to whether it was one of those strange things that happen post SAH. I do also have a spinal problem so it maybe related to that but as we all know the brain is one strange machine.

I appear to be OK now and am in fact off to a 60th birthday party NOT MINE!!!

Cheers

John :?::?:

John,

I've had a similar thing also at night by where I wake up and can hear my heart beating in my head and then I go dizzy but I thought it was asthma related. It often eases off after a few seconds and if it doesn't it is the dizziness that stays, then I take my inhaler (which often doesn't help either!)

Don't know if this helps or not :?::?:

Laura

xx

Hi John,

I'm just playing catch up on the MB's today ...... I developed a heartbeat in my head a couple of years ago ....... almost like you can hear the blood pumping around..... it was quite scary for quite a long time, but I'm learning to live with it. I also have a bit of tinnitus in my left ear and when it's quiet, every sound seems to be amplified. The heartbeat in my head, is always worse if I'm tired or stressed ..... it is pretty disconcerting at first....I mainly notice it a night, when I'm trying to go to sleep.xx