Does it ever get better?

It's been over two years and I've accepted that I will no longer be the person I used to be, but I am reminded of my faults everyday as I walk around looking for misplaced items, throw away things gone bad left outofthe fridge and just don't have the energy I used to.

Does it ever get better than this?

Mandie

massive (6 cm) right frontal spontaneous subarachnoid bleed April 2015

Hi Mandie

Unfortunately that's like asking how long a piece of string is.  Everyone of us is different in our recovery.  I was lucky enough to be back at work 3 weeks later and 2 years on was working from 8.30am to 6.00pm everyday (I now work in a very busy school office from 8am - 4pm so my hours are less but that's because I changed jobs (more holidays and more pay too!!)

Mine was a very small bleed by comparison and I have no physical reminders.

All I can suggest is trying to keep your brain active - its like a muscle, if you don't train it it becomes weaker - simple things like crosswords and wordsearches kept me going and I still do them regularly. Also drink plenty of water - it helps keep the brain hydrated and working.

So, to be honest, there is no straightforward answer - find ways to help you remember things like post it notes on the fridge, reminders in your phone etc

Thank you so much for your reply and support. Unfortunately I was an EMT in the past which I loved but takes a huge amount of multitasking skills and now I have a hard time cooking and talking at the same time. 

I do, though, have an art degree to fall back on and I am trying to do some paintings. No guaranteed income with that, only disability.

if only it would help my brain more!