Questions for Neurosurgeon?

Guest Shiree

Guest Shiree

Hi guys

Sorry - just me AGAIN.

I have been referred by my GP back to the NS because I was headache free for about 2 weeks, then got them back again. It is not for a CT, just a appt with the NS himself. It is a 3 hour drive to him from where i live, so what questions would you recommend i ask? Obviously the headache thing (which I want to try amitrip for if he agrees). I don't want to leave thinking I should have asked him this...

"Hugs"

Shiree

I still get headaches not has bad has when i had sah ( NOTHING IS )....

I have learnt everyone has headaches now still its one of the recovery process things x

Has for questions ask EVERYTHING you want to even if it seems a stupid question i asked about 30 questions when i went to see my ns

I was also in tears at my appointment because i was feeling really faint xxx

because i was feeling really dizzy a week or so back i had loads of tests done even ct scan and all came back fine...

I think now i might be starting to get my head around things and realise i am recovering x

Have you had your 3 month mri scan yet xxxx

Hi Shiree :D

As Donna has said, i think we will always get headaches from time to time, i asked for a scan at 3 months to make me feel better, that all was ok inside my head, but my NS would not let me.. too risky, and would have to be an angiogram again... dont know why. Think it is different if you have been clipped. As for questions, i wrote everything down, so i would not forget anything.... most annoying, especially when you have to travel so far if you do.

Mine were, when can i drive, when will my sight return to normal and my hearing, and my paralysis,my tremors, we are all different. I am sure others here will think of some important questions for you, sorry not much help. Good luck and take care. Maybe you have been doing too much, a headache for me means i have and get very very tired. In fact i am going back beginning of August, and want to ask about painful lumpy scar, pins and needles in face, tightness round eye, all mending i am sure, and about the dentist.

Love Tinaxx

Guest Shiree

Hi guys

Yep I had a CT at 3 months and everything was fine. I am terrified that they will find something else wrong though.

I still wish I could take the NS home with me for at least another 6 months, just for peace of mind.....

"hugs"

Shiree

Shiree, I think that the advice to write everything down is tops :) I wander around with a notebook in my pocket ( I tend to wear jeans) if you are a truckie I bet you do too :wink: Even if the questions seems trivial, if it bugs you then ask him! My last mischievous thought is, you have mentioned at least twice that you would like to take him home with you! So ask :wink::wink:

I too have been told it would be good if my review was done ahead of schedule, so my notebook is out! Will the pins and needles always stay with me or will they go away, Mr Grey ( oddly my consultant is Mr.Grey! LOL

Guest Shiree

Hiya Perry

Yea I will ask him if he will come home with me. I'm sure he will be much more appreciated at my house, keeping me reassured that I am actually going to surivive, rather than saving a few hundred lives of other people :lol::lol: I will even buy him his very own pair of gumboots :lol::lol:

Thanks for the notebook idea though. (Yep truckie chicks wear jeans)

Good to have a laugh...

"hugs"

Shiree