Emotional rollercoaster

Guest Shiree

Guest Shiree

How do you cope? I don't think I have laughed since my SAH. Yea sure the odd polite laugh because...well it would be rude not too, but you know what I mean a genuine belly-clenching, caught in the moment laugh.

Sometimes it feels like the SAH has stolen my soul (yea i know, a bit melodramatic). I think I have lost my self-worth. The person who looks back at me from my mirror is a stranger, who I really don't like much to be honest.

Does anyone else feel like this?

"hugs"

Shiree

Shiree, i know you wont believe me at the moment, but i felt the same in the early stages. I looked ugly, my face all paralysed on the right hand side. I had tremors and i felt like a freak...I did not like what i saw in the mirror. 4 months was my worst downer, then i just thought pull yourself together, you can beat this, and i never looked back, always wake up smiling, especially as i can now. My face has returned to normal, even though my sight and balance have not....but they will... i am determined to grab my life back. We are so lucky to have this second chance, it could have been so different. Hang in there Shiree, you have done so well at such an early stage. There will be times when you feel like this, and i know we all say on here it will get better, we will always have good and bad days, but you are still here. Take care, lots of love to you, you can beat this :D:D:D . We are always here for you :D:D:D

Love Tinaxxx

I know exactly what you mean i really really do crying sorry sobbing alot cant get your head round things and dont understand why you are feeling like this when you have survived ( spelling ) i never thought i would ever feel normal again but i am getting there even though i am on antidepressents for this and really strong ones for when i feel really bad. its horrible shiree like you are fighting with yourself all the time.

What I find is helping me at the moment is when i nwake up map my day out and make plans on our i feel. My biggest fear at the moment is fainting and waking up with tubes everywhere again and this ****** hot weather does not help... even have to take tablets to calm me down on this even though i havent in the past 3 1/2 months and didnt poiat sah i was sedated but its trying to convince yourself of these things and its hard...............but what i do is change negative thoughts and exchange them for positive thoughts....we will get there shiree we are fighters x x oh and my holiday reallyt helped with my confidence xxxx

hope i have helped a bit....

any questions i'm happy to help because like eveyone here will say i suffered really bad with my nerves and tears and still do some days xxx

lots hugs to you xxxxxxxxxxx

Guest Shiree

Thanks guys.

I know what you are saying, some days I can kick myself up the butt and get on with it, and other days I think I just want to feel sorry for myself.

And for fear of sounding like a nutter - I'm mad at my body for letting me down like this.

I like Karen's idea of a punching bag that you can just beat the s**t out of & write SAH on the side of it!!!

"hugs"

Shiree