Artwork required to appear on front cover of neuro journal

The following message has been posted on behalf of Ian Galea who is looking for a SAH survivor to contribute artwork that could possibly appear on the front cover of a neurology journal. For full details, please read below. If you are interested in participating, please either respond below to this post or you can PM me if you prefer and I can forward your email address.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Ian Galea. I am an Associate Professor in Experimental Neurology at the University of Southampton. We have a paper which will appear in the April issue of the neurology journal “Brain” (https://academic.oup.com/brain) detailing the development of a new scale to measure the impact of subarachnoid haemorrhage (SAH) on people's lives.

So far all scales used to measure outcome after SAH have been borrowed from other types of stroke or brain injuries, so this is quite novel. We have worked with patients and their carers in Southampton to develop this scale. The article will be given prominence in the April issue of Brain, and the Editor has selected it as "Editor's choice" with free access for all.

The editorial team have invited us to contribute art to appear on the front cover of the April issue of the journal. I think this is an opportunity to express the impact of SAH on people's lives in an artistic way, preferably by someone who has had SAH. I would be most grateful if you could send an email to all members of Behind the Gray, to see whether anyone with artistic talent is happy to help, and would be happy to work with us to produce the piece by the end of January.

It might be a painting or drawing which they have already accomplished. There is no guarantee that the art we submit will be accepted, but it is a good opportunity to raise awareness about SAH and the impact it has on people's lives. 

• Karen pinned this topic

With many thanks and I wish you luck! This thread is now going to be closed re: deadline. 

If you're successful, I hope that you will come back and let us know and even if you're not, well done guys! xx

• Karen unpinned and locked this topic

Archived