RECOVERING FROM A STROKE

Guest shelscha

Guest shelscha

Hi, I have a question regarding recovery from a stroke. In June of 2007 I suffered an aneurysm rupture and then in August 2008 had to have additional brain surgery that caused a stroke. I am recovering from all of this still. I am very dizzy and have some balance issues. My left side is very stiff and my control is not as good as it used to be but not bad for what I have been through. When I walk it feels funny and I still have some brain fog. Does anyone think this will ever improve? I can not find much information. I am doing physical therapy for the balance and my improvements since August are huge but I now feel like this may be it. I feel like I may never feel "normal" again. I would appreciate any advice or feedback that anyone has. Thanks. Shelly

HI SHELLY

I CAN ONLY SPEAK OR MY SELF BUT IT HAS BEEN 3 YEARS AND BRAIN FOG IS STILL AN ISSUE FOR ME BUT SEVERITY VARIOUS DEPENDS ON WEATHER STRESS ETC. ASWELL THE CONTROL DOES IMPROVE BUT IS STILL AFFECTED BY THE SAME THINGS. MY HAND SOMETIMES JUST LETS GO OF THINGS I AM HOLDING BUT DOES NOT HAPPEN AS OFTEN AS IT USED TO. I STILL GET DIZZY BUT THAT GOES ALONG WITH THE REST GOOD DAYS BAD DAYS BUT GOOD ARE OUT WEIGHING THE BAD.

SO PLEASE TRY TO BE PATIENT, ONLY TIME WILL TELL.

LOVE AND HUGS EVELYN

Hi Shelly,

I know how you feel ..... balance, walking issues, brain fog and dizziness still feature in my life, but they have got better ..... as Evelyn has said, stress, tiredness etc seem to make the problems worse.

I still wonder whether they will eventually disappear ...... but, there has been definite improvement in the last 3 years....

There doesn't seem to be any info out there on these problems ...... but on this message board, they're all pretty common symptoms. xx

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there Shelly

I had physico because of balance problems, I found that with a lot of hard work sweat and of course tears I did keep improving from year to year, sometimes I thought oh is this it, then there would be little things that I hadnt noticed.

It takes a long time to recover from this its not like a broken arm or leg that heals it works your whole body........

take care

Louise.x