can anyone help please

Guest debbie

Guest debbie

hello to all, as many of you are aware that i am waiting to have an untreated anni clipped i went for a consaltation to day to see how things are going and to my horror i found out i have 3 anni"s one is about 1/2mm in which they will leave but monitor me the second is 2 21/2mm which they will look at when they opperate or they might just leave it,the third is 10mm which will be clipped so if anyone has been thru a similar situation please could you let me know as im a bit in shock and i would like to no how you have coped with thanks for all your support debbie xx anni coiled 15 nov 08

Hi Debbie

Sorry can't offer much help with the unruptured anuerysms but we have quite a few members living with unruptured, untreated anuerysms have a look on the forum might be of help to you.

When I had my SAH I was clipped, as you know recovery is very a very individual thing and varies from person to person. The recovery seems to be the same though regardless of the way in which they are treated.

Hope you don't have to wait too long for the procedure and wishing you the best of luck. Try to rest as much as you can take care.

Janet x

Hi Debbie,

If the other two aneurysms are quite small, then they would probably presume that there's more of a risk operating on them, than leaving them alone ...... there's a risk with any op.

I'm presuming that they will keep their eye on the two small annie's and will monitor you with scans in the future ..... I would get back to them and ask them whether they will definetly keep an eye on you and will scan you. From what I can remember, an aneurysm only poses a risk of rupture when it's over a certain size, but I can't remember what size that is ..... you need to get back to them and ask these questions.... as "what is the likelihood of the other two aneurysms rupturing and will I be scanned at regular intervals?"

Good luck Debbie and wishing you well.... xx

Hi Debbie

I was told I had a small unruptured anni. I found out about a year after I had my initial bleed from another one. I'm going into hospital next week to have a cerebral angiogram to get the unruptured one looked at. They are monitoring it and if it increases it size, I'll have to decide whether to have it coiled. I was shocked when I first heard about it.

I'll let you know how it goes next week. But I've tried to think positive as I'm being monitored and they have saved my life once already so I think I'm in very good hands.

Best wshes

Anne xxxxx

Hi Debbie

I too am living with untreated small aneurysms. I was diagnosed with 7 unruptured aneurysms in 2004. Three were treated by coiling (they were 10mm, 8mm and 7.5mm) in 2005 in two seperate procedures and since then they have been monitoring the other four and they havent changed in size or shape since. I understand how worrying it is knowing they are there, however, my doctors told me that the risks of operating on these tiny ones outweighed the risk of a rupture so that is why they are monitoring them, I have had to tell myself that if my doctors are confident and not worried then I shouldnt be, but it is hard. When you have your next appointment I would certainly ask them about treatment options and risks etc.

Pam