Hydrocoil endovascular aneurysm occlusion and packing study

Did any of you guys take part in the Hydrocoil endovascular aneurysm occlusion and packing study?

Brief description: A randomised controlled trial of hydrocoil versus bare platinum coils in the treatment of intracranial aneurysms.

I did and have just come across some old notes from the hospital .... would be interesting to hear if anybody else signed up for the same? ..... Mind you, I wasn't very compus mentus before the coiling, so I feel that I would have signed up for anything!

The information sheet is quite interesting, so will probably re-produce it for the site, when I get 5 minutes.... xx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Karen

Yes i signed up for it , i thought why not but as you said i would have signed to go to the moon...especially as i thought i was in a very exclusive hotel and everyone seems to come to visit you there:lol: and its true:crazy:

I had a couple of blood test:crazy: and an extra MRI but they couldnt carry it on because i had to be recoiled...interesting thought though....i have bare and covered coils in i know that much because he was going to put in the opposite to what i have in...if it makes any sense:roll:

Look forward to your notes on this thread.

Love luck and laughter

Michelle x