Head pain three years after?

My SAH occurred on 4/29/2019 when I was 77 years old. I made an essentially complete recovery and resumed all normal activities. Now, three years later, I'm having pain in my head and wonder if this is some new problem, or a delayed symptom of the SAH.

Has anyone else experienced similar symptoms?

• Like 1

Hi welcome to BTG. We are unable to give medical advice but I feel your best course of action is to speak to your GP. 

It would be unusual to have delayed symptoms but only a doctor would be able to confirm this. Headaches after SAH are common but usually in the period soon after the event. 
Get it checked out and let us know how you get on. 

Clare

• Like 1

Hi NukeProf, welcome back.....so sorry you are now having pain in your head 3 years later.

I agree with Clare, i would go back to your Neurologist or Dr to get checked  out. Just for peace of mind.

Please  let us know how you get on.

Wishing you well

Take care

Tina.

Thanks for responding, Clare and Tina. 

Funny thing is, I don't recall any headaches at the time of the event, but my wife said I did complain of headache. And I didn't have any significant headaches during recovery.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I am 5 years post S.A.H which has been coiled. I have headaches everyday. If they are my 'every day' headache, I can cope with them and don't always need pain killers, but there are days when I am like wow.

Very painful. Mostly when I am over tired or stressed.

I have spoken to my consultant and he said I had such a big bleed that it has caused a permanent 'bruise', so I won't ever be headache free.

I just think for me it's a small price to pay as I shouldn't have survived, so I can put up with it.

Hope you get the answers you need.

• Like 1

So sorry to hear about your headaches.

Have you tried exercise? I don't mean anything too vigorous, but a gentle walk ever day might help. But perhaps you already do this...

I am pleased to report that the head pain I reported when starting this thread has largely disappeared. I suspect it was partly due to allergy to the heavy pollen fall we experienced last Spring.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, R4ch75 said:

Swimming helps alot with my headaches. I love water, so I find it relaxes me. Other than that I go to the gym and walk my dogs.

Nothing has ever helped my headaches.

Good on you. Sorry to hear that it doesn't help.