New Member Malana

malanamm74

I am a 48 yr old female who had a SAH on May 28th, 2020. Actually i am probably one of the luckiest people in regards to my aneurysm. I was actually already in the hospital when it happened. I had stomach surgery the day before. They don't think the surgery had anything to do with why I had the blood vessel in my head rupture.

They were actually getting ready to send me home soon as I was recovering so well. My mother was with me and we were talking, and she told me I suddenly yelled out no, and then became unresponsive. She hit the call button and yelled for help.

I have a few foggy memories from after that, but it was about two weeks later that I clearly remember. I was in the icu or neurological icu for 24 days. I ended up having to have a drain put in to remove the blood building up around my brain, and I had it in for 3 weeks. They did 2 surgeries and put in a stent. At the time of my discharge I didn't have any complications other than a constant mild headache. 

However a few months ago I started noticing that I was having several issues. I started trying to find information about other people who have had SAH to find out if others have experienced this. This is where I finally ended up. So now I am looking forward to being able to speak to others who can relate to me with all of this.

Malana

• Like 5

Hi Melana also a very warm welcome to BTG :) as Jess said above , how extremely lucky you were to already be in hospital when this happened, bless you xx

Just read  your other post too and Colleens lovely reply. 

https://web.behindthegray.net/topic/10915-symptoms-after-a-suberachnoid-brain-haemorhage/#comment-177612

Like you i was in hospital for a month and also had a drain to remove the blood. I was clipped. Glad you are going to see your GP. I also would contact your Neurologist just for peace of mind. I started getting constant bad headaches and went back to see my Neuro Consultant. I am coming up for 15 years since my SAH and going to be 60 this year, so quite a bit older than you. 

I had MRI and scans and it was put down to hormonal headaches which are common and can be helped with pain relief. I am now back to my normal headaches, fatigue etc. Maybe over doing things, they just dont know.

I hope you get to the bottom of your symptoms and feel better xx

Take care and let us know how you are doing when you can.

Love Tina xx

• Like 2