Flying (..it makes your arms ache!!)

Hey guys

Anyone flown post SAH? Have discussed this briefly in the Green Room today (Wednesday 10th) and Karen thought it might be worth posting it here.

I just wondered if anyone has flown since having their SAH? I've been told (can't remember where or who by) that the pressure from flying affects SAH sufferers more than other people. I used to suffer quite a lot on planess -earache more than anything especially when I went to Norway. Its just that the thought of not being able to get on a plane again cos the of pressure/pain isn't cheering me up any. Don't mind boats at all but planes are quicker.

Anyway, if anyone has an information or experience - it'd be great.

Cheers

Sami xxx

Hi Sami

Hope you've had a good day today - I'm in Nottingham tomorrow for a day trip.

I was told by my Neurosurgeon not to fly until I'd seen him for first post-op consultation which is 23rd Jan. He also said that when I did fly I'd probably get headaches for a time, although he didn't really elaborate so don't know if it will be forever but I will ask him 23.1.

Oddly enough I began to get severe head/earaches when flying earlier on last year but it only seemed to happen short haul - Germany, Ireland etc. I flew a lot last year so it got rather painful. I did wonder why it was happening but didn't take it any further. Guess I know now!

Sarah x

Hey Sarah

The University Hospital is where I was readmitted to a week after getting back off holiday. Its a pretty good hospital research wise but the nursing staff I encountered left a lot to be desired!

Hope you had a safe journey and a good day.

Sami xxx

Hey there

Its something I've always wondered about, I too was told not to fly till I'd seen my consultant, they said they didnt see any reason not to.

My thing is my tube reacts to the pressure of the weather how's it going to be way - up - there :?

We concidered a flight to London & if I didnt want to fly back we could either get the train or hire a car, needless to say we havent done it yet..

Louise.x

No trip to Nottingham today - change of plan to tomorrow. The guy that Fiona was due to have a meeting with has postponed. Can't say I'm sorry with the weather being as it is, ie foul!!

She has a meeting about their coffee operation.........caffeine free of course :wink:

Sarah xx

Hey Sarah

What does Fiona do then (and you)? Hopefully the weather will be better for you tomorrow.

The last time I was anywhere near Cheshire was when we rode up to the pub that all the bikers go to out Macclesfield way (Cat and Fiddle?) not sure what its called but the road and pub were shown on TV not long ago as one of the most dangerous roads in Britain - its awesome on the bike!

My cousin from Norway is studying at Uni up in Macclesfield/Cheshire way - my geography isn't that good and I'm only going by what Paul has told me about Cheshire being near Macclesfield!

Talking of caffeine free - time for coffee me thinks!

Sami xxx

Yo Sami

Fiona works for a food supplier - she does retail solutions for caterers. It all gets very technical and another world.....it's marketing-led but her main experience is in retailing so her company is using her as a consultant on various projects and tying in the two disciplines.

I do PR & Marketing for a company (charity) that provides TV, Radio, live entertainment, Cinema and Retail for the British Army overseas, hence the lots of travel as we have radio stations in Germany, Cyprus, Falklands, Iraq, Balkans etc. etc. wherever there's army, navy, air force of the British variety. We occasionally put live entertainment shows on in Norway when the Marines are out there on exercise.

What do you do? I know you have your own company.....

My dad says we should come over to Nottingham via the Cat & Fiddle way as it's such a lovely route but AA says via Stoke so we'll see which way Tom Tom takes us when we get in the car!

Macclesfield is in Cheshire, about 15 miles from us. We live between Northwich and Winsford, virtually dead centre of Cheshire, about 17 miles from Chester, 20 miles from Manchester.

Sarah xx

Hey Sarah

Thanks for confirming that for me - I'm not normally looking at road signs when i'm on the bike - more clinging on for dear life and looking at the scenery - it is a beautiful route.

Paul and I run a Graphic Design/Artwork Finishing agency - he's the one that does the artworks and I'm the admin side - book the jobs in and make sure they're done and sent back on time and I do the accounts too.

We also provide a mock up service for the likes of Boots - if you had they're Christmas catalogue and saw the products in there we would have done 75% of the product mock ups for the photo shoots.

Its Ok and the mock up side of it we are the only agency in Nottingham to do so we get quite a lot of work from Boots, Next and Naked.

Hope you enjoy the journey to Notts

Sami xx

Hi guys

God my life's so boring.

But couldn't handle it any other way now so hey so what.

Sarah, that sounds really interesting work you do, we used to go over to Germany on holiday Ronnie's brother was in the forces (Army) If I remember Germany is lovely very clean.

Take care

Louise.x

Hi Loobie

Your life is not boring - you're learning new skills and getting better every day. There are days when I wish I didn't have to work but unfortunately as I'm a Jack of trades and a master of none I don't have much option as my job/s in the agency can't be done by a temp or Paul or Stacey :roll: just my luck!!

Norway is a very clean place too. From what I remember there are no industrialised cities with chimney poking up all over the place etc. A lovely, peaceful, calm place with fantastic views and damn good skiing!!!

Off for a read now anyway

Ta-Ta For Now

Sami xxx

Hi Lou

Yes, job's very interesting and a great company to work for - really, really lovely people and it's good fun meeting up with the audience too. Germany is really clean and sooo efficient - they've got recycling down to a fine art. What got me is how vast it is - much bigger than I imagined.

I have a lot of decisions to make though as I really don't feel ready for work yet and I've got aneurysm number 2 to sort out with Dr Embryo the neurosurgeon. However, once I've been to see him in a couple of weeks I'm hoping things will seem clearer. Decisions aren't my thing at the moment - they freak me out which is a pain as I never used to have any problems with making them. Pooh-bah!

Sarah x

Hey Sarah

I remember Germany also as being soooo clean & efficient.

I know what you mean about making decisions I even toil now in the Supermarket with things I was never as bad as I am now.

Sami, Its ok I know my lifes not boring it be good to be able to do something though but I have gained so much since this happened to me.

bye just now

Louise.xx