Not feeling quite right - maybe overdone it?

Hi all,

I'm now 10 months post SAH (coiled no other annies on last scan) and have been feeling great. But this week i haven't been feeling quite right - maybe over done it and not enough sleep. What do you think??

The background!! - was my birthday nearly 2 weeks ago so prob had one too many wines celebrating :crazy: Then last Sunday i spent 6 hrs gardening followed by 4 nights of not very good sleep due to children - 1 poorly (not contagious!), the other just waking in the night. I am tired, but also feeling a bit sick, dizzy, fuzzy head and every now and then a feeling like not getting enough air in my lungs. Think i'm just exhausted with maybe a bit of cold coming on. What do you think?

Does anyone else get these sort of symptoms when over done it and tired???

Juliette xx

Hi Juliette,

Yes, sounds like you've been doing a bit much and now it's all catching up with you.

Its now nearly 15mths since my SAH and I still find I totally zonk when I've done too much. I get bad temple pressure, head pains, poor lack of concentration, struggle with the right words, get dizzy, have poor vision etc etc!

You must learn to listen to your body, know when you've done enough and rest.

It's so easy to want to get 'normal' back but you have to find an acceptance that your'll never be the exact person you once were.

I hope that you find that middle ground.

Take care,

SarahLou Xx

Thanks SarahLou, already you have put my mind at rest. I know its silly to worry its going to happen again especially since my last scan was clear, but i do. Its good to know its not just me that feels like this. Have an appt with the Dr later to check everything ok.

Thanks again, hope you're feeling well:-D

Juliette xx

Hi Juliette,

I don't think it's silly to worry that it'll happen again, I think that's quite a natural thing.

I've an MRI booked for 9th nov, at this moment in time I feel oddly void of any emotion about it. That's not like me.

Good luck for your docs appointment.

Take care and keep smiling,

SarahLou Xx

Hi Juliette

It's not unusual to worry about these things.

I have felt a bit odd now and again for the past two weeks; at work we have moved desks and our floor is being refitted and we have no toilets at the moment, so have to go up or down to other floors.

I have been going down a floor and when I have walked back up the stairs again I have felt out of breath - almost as though I have a chect infection and can't get enough air in my lungs (very much like you describe) but 10 mins later I feel okay again. I do go to the gym a couple of times a week so am surprised that walking up and down one flight of stairs can make me feel this way!?

And today I have a dull ache in the back of my neck, I feel tired and I think I may have overdone it at the gym last night!

I think it is our bodies way of telling us to slow down a little...

It is always worth getting checked at the Drs if you have any worries though.

Take care

Kel x

Thanks everyone, have just come back from the Drs and she checked me over and reassured me that everything is fine and no doubt a product of doingtoo much and not enough sleep! Kel thats exactly how my breathing feels - maybe its an incoming cold... Maybe for you its the redecorating, maybe you're reacting to the products they are using?? Am definitely going to rest up today - just crafts withthe kids instead of running around the park!!

Thanks again, this place is a God send

Take care

Juliette xx

Hi Juliette,

you are not being strange worrying about any pains or signs of fatigue. What happened to you is monumental and thankfully you have recovered very well. Fatigue is the biggest obstacle that I have to overcome, you do not see it coming on only suffer the consequences of it occurring. Having an SAH is a life changing situation and how you cope with those changes determines how you live your new life. Listen to your body it will tell you when to slow down and rest. That is not a thing to ignore.

You have done the right thing by having yourself checked by the Doctor. Also take heart from the "all clear" scan you had. It has been said many times but 10 months is still early in your recovery. Your brain is still healing. I hope you have many more years of good fortune and happy times.

Take care, :wink:

Hi Juliette

I am now 5 years post coiling and still suffer if I overdo things. I start to get headaches, am unsteady on my feet, irritable, bad tempered and get very tired. I do try to do as my body tells me which quite frequently is to rest but I have a tendency to ignore it and suffer for it.

Only yesterday we went shopping and intended just to go to Marks and Spencers ( you'll know where - Cwmbran ) we met friends and walked a lot further than I intended and I am at this very moment reclined in a chair still feeling the effects.

So the moral of the story is as many will say " Do as your body tells you"

Please take care and take it easy.

Cheers

John