My 4th anni-versary

Hi everyone

Just wanted to post on my 4th anni-versary. It's taken me all this time to more or less accept the "new" me following my SAH, well, a mixture of acceptance and of the after effects of my SAH improving very slowly over the years.

For anyone in the early months and years of recovery, I think there is hope that recovery can be ongoing and doesn't stop after 6 months or 2 years, or whatever the time scale a doctor quotes. My sense of taste was very badly distorted following my SAH (most food tasted like sewage, I smelled random phantom bad smells and the whole thing really got me down) but it has gradually kept on improving and this summer I was able to eat and enjoy strawberries for the first time in a few years. (I loved them before my SAH but after they had a sewage taste). As a result I spent £s on punnets of them. I know it's a small thing but it was important for me. My hearing was quite badly affected and though it hasn't improved, I have got used to it more and now have a hearing aid which I put in when I want to make sure I hear what's going on.

I was despairing after my SAH and just wished I had known then that I would be as well as I am today, 4 years later.

Warm wishes

Anne x