Newbie from the US

DawnBpositive

Hello to all of you. I am grateful for finding this website. My SAH date is 1/7/2012. I was having a sharp, pinched nerve pain in my neck/shoulder. It hurt so bad that I went to my chiropractor to get adjusted. That was on Thursday. I went back again on Friday for another adjustment. I just didn't get the relief I would normally get from being adjusted. On Saturday, I had to deliver a toast at a wedding reception. I took pain medication, so that I would get through the reception. I barely made it through the toast, then I went to the foyer to get some fresh air. My head was hurting so bad, I could hardly stand it. They called an ambulance for me. A neurologist was called in immediately. He ordered an MRI which showed the bleed. It was deep in the corpus colossum. I was airlifted to University of Chicago Hospital to be better cared for. The neuro team inserted a drain to relieve the pressure. I do not remember being at this hospital at all. I was there for over two weeks. My daughter tells me that I was extremely nauseated during that time, from the bleed and then the medication. I was tranferred to another hospital for rehab for two weeks and was released after a total month of being hospitalized. I have been going to outpatient speech, occupational and physical therapy ever since. I am recovering at home. I can walk and talk, which I am very thankful for. Dr says it will be August before he even considers my return to work. My whole life has been turned upside down, but I keep hoping for the best.

Edited by DawnBpositive
changing tito

Welcome Dawn! I'm so sorry to meet you under this circumstance.

There are a lot of answers here that I (at least) did not get from my doctor. Mine was Jan 28 and I'm supposed to be all better now. Not, but I'm definitely better than I was 10 weeks ago!

Every day is a new challenge, but we're up to it and after all, what is the alternative?

Hi Dawn

Nice to 'meet' you.

Recovery does take a while so use the time till August to rest & recover without any outside pressure from being at work. An unexpected 'holiday' :roll:

There is loads of information on here that will help you deal with what has happened.

Good luck in your recovery.

Michelle x

Hi Dawn, welcome! I'm so glad you found the btg website. I was feeling very alone with what I had gone through until I found this site and

read other people's experiences. You'll find very supportive and helpful people here.

My aneurysm happened on 1/28. I live in northern Michigan and was airlifted to the University of Michigan for

surgery where I spent two weeks. I didn't have any problems post surgery and was told I should recover in 6-8 weeks. Not quite happening, but

it is getting a little better. Take care. :) Lisa

Hiya Dawn,

Glad you made it Dawn ....try and do things you enjoy and live life to the full without tiring yourself out..keep happy and sing.

I look on it as a 2nd chance and some never get what we have had... and I do not mean SAH lol

Good luck and BE HAPPY come on head up ...and smile x

WinB143 xx

Hiya Dawn,

Glad you made it Dawn ....try and do things you enjoy and live life to the full without tiring yourself out..keep happy and sing.

I look on it as a 2nd chance and some never get what we have had... and I do not mean SAH lol

Good luck and BE HAPPY come on head up ...and smile x

WinB143 xx

Thanks for the great words of encouragement. I am very happy to be alive. I am just looking for ways to help me get healthier and stronger, sooner.

Funny you said to keep happy and sing, as I just love music and its definitely playing a big part in my recovery.

Hi Dawn, welcome! I'm so glad you found the btg website. I was feeling very alone with what I had gone through until I found this site and

read other people's experiences. You'll find very supportive and helpful people here.

My aneurysm happened on 1/28. I live in northern Michigan and was airlifted to the University of Michigan for

surgery where I spent two weeks. I didn't have any problems post surgery and was told I should recover in 6-8 weeks. Not quite happening, but

it is getting a little better. Take care. :) Lisa

Thank you for the welcome! I have alot of support from family and friends, but no one that can relate to my condition. I'm very glad I found this site.

The common thing we all seem to have is the need for patience. Also,I'm reading that many people experience fatigue and continuing headaches.

I don't like that, but it is very comforting to know that these problems are common. I continue to improve at a very slow pace. Very slow for the life style

I was used to. You Take Care, too!

Welcome Dawn! I'm so sorry to meet you under this circumstance.

There are a lot of answers here that I (at least) did not get from my doctor. Mine was Jan 28 and I'm supposed to be all better now. Not, but I'm definitely better than I was 10 weeks ago!

Every day is a new challenge, but we're up to it and after all, what is the alternative?

Thank you for the reply. You are so right about the alternative. We all need to think about all the things we CAN do and not worry about what we CAN'T do.

Take Care, Dawn

Thanks for the great words of encouragement. I am very happy to be alive. I am just looking for ways to help me get healthier and stronger, sooner.

Funny you said to keep happy and sing, as I just love music and its definitely playing a big part in my recovery.

It does help doesn't it Dawn....and you will definately get better.......you have a good attitude and that's half the battle....never

give up xxx

Good Luck and all the Best to you

Love

WinB143 xxxx