Coiled annie - how soon did you fly afterwards?

Just looking for some info please - if you've had a coiled annie how soon did you fly afterwards? My wife had coiled annie 2 weeks ago and I'm thinking of taking her away for a week in September, she has a 6 week checkup end August, no symptoms after op Dr told her to carry on as normal. Thanks....

Morning Mark,

I had coiling last August and I flew in the beginning of July this year. I wasn't told to wait, it was just coincidence on the timing although I think somewhere I have read to wait 6 months...? I also think it depends on the type of flight, long/short haul etc. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be able to give you a better answer, but also I would check this out with your wife's GP or consultant to be on the safe side.

Dawn x

Mark

I am not sure but take a letter from Doc as I do not know about your wife..but I set off alarms....only some places.... they think I am a

shopliffter..lol ...then I explain about head etc ...ahhhh=screeam....

Have a good trip Mark and Wifey

I reckon I must look villianous kind...joking !!

WinB143 xx

Hi Mark

There is no waiting time, you can fly as soon as you feel up to it. There are people whose SAH happens on holiday and they are treated, discharged and then fly back home.

I found the flight was fine, take off makes me a bit a dizzy. I find that airports affect me more. The noise, people and bright lights tire me out. I have to have a bit of a lie down when I reach my destination.

Hi Mark

I had my SAH 11/12/2009 and flew in Nov 2010. The current platinum coils do not make the airport scanners go off and I can't recall reading that you have to wait any length of time to be able to fly.

My flight was okay and did not affect my head at all, and like Liz - just the hustle and bustle of the airport tired me out! ;)

I would either call your wifes Neuro-consultant, or email the Patient Liaison Service for the hospital to find out. Or call the Brain & Spine Foundation helpline, or you could even call Headway to see if they have any info.

Take care

Kel x