Hello from Jack

Jack 1961

Hello I suffered my NASAH approx 4 weeks ago I have to agree with everyone here no one seems to know anything about this subject my Neurosurgeon basically said I had dodged a bullet and sent me home after two days wth some medication and a follow up appointment in 6 weeks,I am lucky that I have plenty of sick leave to cover any time off.

My biggest problem has been continued headaches very minor ones and the fear of it happening again I currently have the flu and I am petrified every time I sneeze or cough something is going to go wrong will I ever get over this feeling.

I am fit and healthy 50 year old who woke up one morning and had a terrible headache whilst at the breakfast bar having a coffee that night i was in hospital with my NASAH, for me the most difficult thing is why me and how can I prevent this from happening again.

Anyway its just nice to post some words and read stories from other people.

Regards

Jack

Hi Jack

Welcome! My son is called Jack, good solid name -

Read my posts, i am constantly searching for the why's, when's,if's but's & i had myn in March!

Everyone is so nice on here,its actually surprising how many people the NASAH happen to! I thought i was the only one, its such a comfort that im not.

Take care and ask away, there is always someone willing to help

Bev

xx

Hi Jack

Warm welcome to the site, glad you found us.

Have to say your not alone in feeling terrified that 'its gonna happen again' & that the bedside mannor of the nuro isnt what you want, mines said get on with your life....

I dont think you can prevent it, it happens.

But it eases takes a while but it gets better.

hope to hear more from you, take care

Hi Jack

Welcome to BTG. Sorry to hear you have flu so early into your recovery. I'm 50 too and have had a few colds and coughs in the 3 years & 9 months since by bleed and nothing untoward has happened although I do have another unruputred aneursym sitting in my head so it can be a worry. It's very early days for you and anxiety plays a big part in those early days, but I think most on here would agree it diminishes with time.

Take care and don't hesitate to ask any questions if you are at all concerned - there is always someone willing to help out.

Sarah

Edited by kempse