DVLA Visual Field Test

Hoofbeat

Thanks for your reply Tina

So update - I took a private Easterman fields test at the same Specsavers branch and on the same day as the DVLA cancelled my test at , in the afternoon when the DVLA had cancelled the original test in the morning.

118/120 Points seen

Fixation loses 0

False Positives 0

False negatives 0

The two spots I missed are not together and are out-with the 120 degree horizontal/20 degree up/30 degree down core area.

It was repeated with and without my glasses with exactly the same results. Missing exactly the same 2 dots.

The letter of revocation I received from the DVLA says I must appeal this at the Sherriff Court withing 21 days (I live in Scotland). I asked the DVLA why they revoked my license before I had the opportunity to take the Esterman test DVLA has instructed me to organise and the woman said they considered they had enough evidence to make the decision to revoke my license. I asked for a copy of the paperwork associated with that decision and she said she could not discuss that with me. I have had to put an FOI request in to get access to this but it will take longer than the 21 days of the appeal window to get.

I sent the DVLA a copy of these test results but when I phoned them to see if they had received them the woman said it can take up to 10 days for any written correspondence to be scanned into their system. I only have another 4 days beyond that to lodge an appeal with the Sherriff court.

DVLA what a nightmare they are to deal with

Eddie