Hi, I'm Phil

phil13

Hi Phil

Beautiful photo of Sharon. She looks full of life and ready for a laugh. Had a chuckle about your fertility visit to the Doc.

My love and prayers are with you all.

Try and get a little rest over the weekend.

Big hug

Lesley xxx

Hi Phil,

What a beautiful photo of Sharon, I'm glad you are feeling supported on this site.

Good to hear about your meeting with the head nurse, I hope you get things sorted soon.

Take care

Laura

xx

Thanks Laura,

Minimol, the head nurse, is going to ask the Stroke Rehab Unit if they will send a physiotherapist to work on Sharon. I pretty much know what the answer will be, so we will have to pay for a private one. I do think that it is a funding issue and the resources are directed towards patients who they see as 'having potential'. The definition 'having potential' would seem suggest they look for patients who are able to fully engage. I dread to think how many people are left to stare at the wall.

My brother and his wife's son, Jackson, was born premature and suffered a hemorrhage and they were told 'no chance'. They live in Australia where it is private health care, so it cost them thousands to have Jackson treated. But he is now six years old, has a problem with his left hand and can't run as fast as the other kids, but he is a happy, bright child. This is in contrast to one of the other babies at the time who suffered mild brain damage - they said he might have the odd problem - the poor soul is permanently disabled and needs total assistance.

It is back to the brain being one of the most complex and amazing organisms and the outcomes the doctors predict are based on visual x-rays but they seem to be unable to state what the brain may or may not do.

One of Sharon's friends, Donna, was in a car crash and suffered multiple brain injuries which resulted in her being diagnosed as 'vegetative'. Of course, her parents were told they would be visiting her for the rest of their lives. It took ten years for Donna to get back to normal life but you wouldn't believe she has brain damage.

Stories like these give people great hope even though the outcome for Sharon is uncertain and depends on too many unknown factors. But she's more than worth it.

That's the end of my rant.

Take care,

Phil

xxx

Hi Phil,

I've just read your recent post, it's given me a tear in my eye. Bless you both, I wish you all the love and luck in the world. You are a very special person, and your Sharon sounds such a lovely person too.

I have just seen Sharon's 'photo, and she looks a genuiely, fun loving, lovely person.

Loads of hugs to you and Sharon,

and take care of yourself, Phil,

H xx

Thanks Cal,

Everything I've heard since about other people and Sharon, unfortunately, it forms a pattern - well, in women, especially. Always on the go, will do anything for anybody; doesn't know quite when to stop and relax. Was Jim this way before SAH? Anybody else? I'm on the go by nature - high metabolism, greyhound variety, slightly concerned in view of what's happened to Sharon, and everyone else - Karen, you've had two 'annies' - ****** hell! - were you... do you race around? Food for thought...

Phil

xxxx

Hi Phil,

You described Jim exactly how he was and once again due to my dismay is starting to be. Always on the go and did not know when to stop. I often wonder myself if this was the reason for his SAH. I truly believe in Jim's case that is was. But...we will never know.

He does however now know that he HAS to STOP when his body tells him to. His legs do not work like they use to.

I am not sure if this is a pattern to what can happen to people, but...might want to think about letting the other greyhound win the race :)

Love to you and Sharon!

Cal

XXXX

Cal, I think you can't really stop a person's natural personality from resuming to some extent, but I'm sure Jim is aware that he can't be on the go as much as he used to. Sharon was too prone to getting stressed about things which was down to how much she had her 'plate'; too much.

I hope you are both keeping well.

Phil

xxx

Hi Phil,

I've had one annie.... but two bleeds from it, the first at 38 (basically, misdiagnosis and the wrong type of scan to detect aneurysms) .....and the aneurysm still has a neck on it, after being coiled, it's a weird shape and the piccy of it is in the photo album, so I'm being monitored....next MRA in 2010....I've kind of got used to living life on a knife edge...as much as you do ever get used to it..... it's a long story... :wink: Yes, I used to run around like a headless chicken ....

Sharon used to have these marvellous 'on the spur of moment' ideas like 'Let's drive up to Scotland in our camper! at 10.00pm at night?! For the first half an hour of the journey I'd be clenching my teeth, then it would turn into one of our wonderful adventures - driving through picturesque villages at 3.00am in the morning.

Saying that, one day I had the bright idea of driving across to South West Scotland to look for the Wicker Man!!

We didn't find it but found a lovley place called Ilse of Whithorn which became our usual 'getaway from it all' place.

So maybe we are both 'headless chickens' like you Karen.

Phil

xxx

Well, it sounds as though Sharon and yourself have certainly lived life!..... I must admit that I don't like to plan ahead too much ..... more so since the SAH..... I would rather just take off on the spur of the moment as it all depends on how I'm feeling at the time .... anyway, your adventures sound wonderful! :) .....never heard of the Isle of Whithorn, so I'll do a Google...

The Isle of Whithorn is on the South West Coast of Scotland between Dumfries and Stranraer; it is a fishing harbour and the most tranquil place me and Sharon have visited. We used to go there every couple of months just to chill out - the first time we got our camper we parked up on the pier and watched the moon light up the sea. There's an inn called called the Steam Packet Inn which is where we used to stay. Gorgeous food, very friendly staff, and a house South African red that blows your head off!! I fell off my stool in the bar one night when we were drinking with the locals. :lol:

Phil

I've just Googled The Isle of Whithorn, and I must say it is a very, very beautiful place. Phil, it does look so very peaceful, and so very pretty. I can really understand why you'd return there.

I do hope Sharon, is well today. You take care of yourself Phil, you both sound such a lovely couple.

Hugs,

H x :D