So yesterday I was supposed to go for my 3Rd angiogram and went to hospital through all the protocol for almost 3 hours and then the doctor came in.  

I mentioned I had my period and he said he'd rather postpone since I have a bleeding disorder and it's elective to make sure everything is good since I'm 2 months out from my SAH, no aneurysm or malformations.  So we rescheduled and left.  

From 10am yesterday and all through the night and now waking up I've had a horrible headache!  Not a thunderclap headache but definitely a major tension headache that goes to the back of my neck at times.  It's the kind of headache where you just have to lay in bed and not do anything.  

I have an ice cloth on my head and a heating pack on the back of my neck but am a little worried since it won't go away. Tylenol is not touching it at all and I'm taking 1/2 of a Klonepin as well and that doesn't seem to help either.  Any advice would be so helpful because I'm freaking out a little!  Thanks

My visiting in nurse came out and said it was stress and anxiety.... basically tension headaches from everything yesterday.  I had some caffeinated tea and a half of a Klonepin and it's subsiding.  She said it was nothing to worry about that it was more stress induced.

I feel a lot better after talking to her.  My BP was normal and my pulse rate was a little high but she said it was still fine because I was telling her about my worries.  She said, as well as the neurologist yesterday that unless it's a thunderclap type head ache like last time or the worst headache of your life then it's tension and stress.  

My doctor told me yesterday to go live my life and stop stressing.  Even though I did not have the angiogram yet he said he's 99% sure it was a small vein that bled and the chances of it happening again are very slim.... a little higher for me because of my bleeding disorder apparently.  I feel a lot better now so I'm just going to try to push forward.  

Thanks for your support!!

• Like 2

Perhaps you can list what you do each day that is stressful and see what you can reduce or cut out completely - remember the old saying "If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!"

So change things a bit, de-stress and get some 'chill' into your life!  Let others take the strain a bit.  Be intelligent and fashion a 'new me' that will emerge older, wiser, stronger and smarter!

You are probably so conditioned to going at 100mph, it might not be easy at the beginning but also remember the story of the tortoise and the hare - you still get there in the end!  Sorry about all the clichés!

Good luck!

• Like 2

Hi,

I'm in the states, as well, and had the same as you.  Had the third angiogram a couple months after my brain pop.    I do remember, after my second angiogram, my headache was horrible and so much so they took me back down for another CT scan.  Pumped me with all kind if meds that did not work.  The only thing that did was liquid Tylenol they put directly in my IV.  It was awesome!,

I had terrible anxiety after coming home along with terrible headaches and all sorts of wierdness in my brain.  I am four plus years after mine and it is slowly getting better but headaches, not as severe, are there and randome dizzy spells occur that scare the heck out of me.   Lack of sleep and if a skip a meal will make my dizziness and temperament pretty awful.    

You will be fine just give time a chance to heal you.

iola

Hi Iola,

Thanks!  I'm supposed to go Tuesday so we will see.  I find if I do too much or if I don't eat I get headaches, nauseous and dizzy so I just go lay down and relax or eat.  I'm hoping with time things will get better but I feel like I'll never actually feel like myself again.  I have Rhumatoid Arthritis and a bleeding disorder in which I've had to adjust my life to so I guess this is one more thing.  Outside of this site I haven't found much in the way of support groups or anything that.  I'm left with what my doctor tells me which is that I have a 3% chance of it happening again because of my bleeding disorder and what the people on this site say which is it's like lightening striking twice.  Where about in the US are you?  I'm in CT.  Thanks for your response!

• Like 1

Hi,

I'm in Maryland but was I Philadelphia on travel for work when it happened.  Talk about never expecting your life to change in a single second!  Oh, yes, it did.  The surgeons are great at doing what they do but counseling is not one of them.   I did go back six months later to see mine to ask very pointed questions and he said to give yourself 18 months to two years to just feel decent again.  People heal at different paces so it could be sooner for you.    I am not the same, although, I get up every morning and go to work and push myself but the brain is a funny thing and it tells me when it's had enough.    I had a terrible dizzy spell at work a few weeks ago and I had not eaten all day and was under a great deal of pressure.  Brain was tired and just gave me a warning to stop and eat and get up and dis-engage for a little while.  

As as for information about a NASAH, I read everything I could find online until some things became repetitive.  Dr. told me to get off the internet but I didn't and continued until one day I just became tired of reading.   You will get there.  

Iola

• Like 1

On ‎30‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 16:55, Krislwal said:

My doctor told me yesterday to go live my life and stop stressing

I think that is great advice from your doctor.  As I understand things, generally, people are most at risk of re-bleed from the same aneurysm in the hours and early days after your procedure and the risk declines over time.  So your doctor obviously thinks you are well on the road to recovery. You should follow your own doctor's advice and stay in touch with them in case you have any worries.

So do as he says and live your life, but don't be reckless, live sensibly and hopefully you should be fine. You can't change what has happened but you can shape your future.

Yes, you may have to make some readjustments, but you can live with those after being given a wonderful second crack at life by your medical team.  Reward them by showing you can live a quality and meaningful life.

Make sure you rest well before making further demands of yourself.  Avoid getting into stressful situations and enjoy yourself.

Take this opportunity to re-evaluate your life and take stock of things.  What is important, what can you change, what can you discard, what can you replace?

Find your own route to happiness and contentment, that is the true value in life.  Money isn't everything, it is a bonus, but is the pressure to get it worth the hassle against your health and wellbeing?  Talk to people and find out what it is you really want out of life and then formulate a plan to get it.

I hope you find this helpful.

• Like 1