GJ124 - introducing myself

GJ124

I had my SAH just over 5 years ago.I was in hospitals for over a year and it was only due to my husbands stubbornness that they did a second mri and found a second aneurysm. 

I have now been home since Oct 2013. Unfortunately It left me with left side paralysis and I now use a wheelchair. Since having an op for drop foot I am able to weight bare. As a result I no longer have to be hoisted but use a return. I can also take some steps with a quad stick.There is still progress even after all this time.

HI GJ, welcome to forum and you are right, the progress comes even years on, sometimes almost unnoticed and then you realised you have gained something that wasn't there a few days back.

Keep going with your return and slow but steady I'm sure there will be more progress. Well done for all you have battled so far 

daffodil 

Hi GJ,

All what Daffs has said I agree with.

I was told I'd never walk again but on a good day 1/200 yards and on a bad day zero lol.

My back aches when I walk too far so my aim is to walk around Supermarket, well you have to aim for something  lol xx

Good luck and let us know how you get on  xx Remember slow but sure xx Keep happy when you feel stressed, I sing poor family  lol xxxx

Hi GJ,

All our journeys are different.  Seems you chose the long path!  Keep your chin up, many of us are still noticing improvements after years. I am seven years out and still notice things now.

As Daffs has said, well done for maintaining the battle.  Keep it going.  Every day is a small step to better health.  keep pushing yourself when you feel able and rest when your body tells you to. It isn't a race, it's about continuing progress.  Sounds like you are a spirited lady.  Keep your chin up, keep going and always forwards.

Good luck!

Macca

Archived