Hello. Angela - SAH on 11th Dec 2017.

AngelaB

Hi everyone

I had a SAH on 11th Dec this year while doing pull ups in my PT session.  Luckily my trainer got me to hospital very quickly and I had the aneurysm coiled but they found another unruptured one.  I'm due for monitoring on that starting in a few weeks.

I've been home a week now and I can not wait to start to feel normal,  however long that may take.  I'm hoping to get back to running eventually but I dont think I will have the nerve for weights again anytime soon.

I'm  a secondary school teacher so not sure about how long it will be before I can get back to work.  

I have had a lucky experience I think compared to many people.  My main problems are the fatigue,  periods of intense worry about having another bleed,  poor eyesight and my own  stubborn streak wanting to do more than I should. 

Ang 

Hi Angela

warm welcome to the site, glad that you found us.

everyone has the fatigue - worry that it will happen again...

chill and relax and listen to your body when it says your doing too-much STOP.  Keep well hydrated 

take care...

Hi Angela :)

A very warm welcome to BTG, 

Hopefully you were feeling well enough to enjoy Christmas.

It is very early days for you, and as Louise has said, chill relax and rest up as much as possible. Your brain has had a major trauma and is trying to mend as well as work as normal.  Returning back to work is best done gradually building up your hours so you don't take on too much and end up going backwards, which can happen.

It is very normal to worry about it happening again, it does get better and the good thing is you are now being monitored which will give you some peace of mind.

Just be kind to yourself and don't push too hard. Hope your eyesight improves.

Look forward to hearing how you are doing with your recovery, you have certainly come to the right place for caring helpful support and lots of helpful information..

Take care

Tina xx

Hi Angela

Welcome to BTG, glad to hear you are recovering well after your bleed. I too had mine while exercising, it seems to be a common theme.

Rest and take it easy over the next few weeks, don't even think about work - that is a long way off. Make sure you take plenty of time and when you do go back go on a phased return.

I have got back to running, I started about 4 months after the bleed doing a c25k course that gradually built me up. I now run 5-6 miles 2-3 times a week with no problems. It's my stressbuster! 

Take things slow and keep us posted on your recovery.

Clare xx

Archived