SAH Recovery Milestone!

Hi Everyone

After a bad day on Tuesday with a headache that I couldn't shift all day, yesterday (Wednesday) was the first time in the 80 days since my SAH that I didn't need any painkillers - none at all - ALL DAY!

Even though I was wide awake at 0445 this morning (sorry if I woke anyone :wink: ) I haven't got a headache ... yet. I feel that this is a significant milestone in my recovery.

I suppose I'm relatively early on in my recovery, so I would be interested to hear about anyone else's experiences about post SAH headaches and when and if they subsided to a point where it felt almost normal.

Regards

Keith

Hi Keith,

It's great to have one whole day where you don't need to take any painkillers ...... I was probably at the same stage as you are, when the headaches started to trail off a bit, about 3 months post SAH. I still have more headaches than I used to do, but I also get some eye nerve pain which can turn into a headache.....so, I'm probably not a good example! :lol:

Talking of headaches, I have woken up with a head splitter this morning ... :roll: Have you morphed your headache over to me!! :lol:

Hope your day is a good one!

Love K x

Hey Keith

I'm about 85 days into recovery and yeah I don't need them anymore either. Think its been about two weeks since I needed to take any on a regular basis. Have taken some this week cos of the cold though. But i felt the same as you - like it was a milestone and I found that it helped me cope with the whole thing when I didn't have the headaches as they were a constant reminder of the whole thing. It was great waking up that morning and not feeling anything other than "Oh great gotta get up!" :roll:

Well done you - remember it may be a long road to recovery but we're allowed to take pit stops now and again - I find the pit stops with the pubs on them are the best ones!! :lol:

Catch you later

Love Sami xxx

PS If Keith has morphed his headaches to you Karen - I wonder if you have morphed your cold to me!! :D

Hi Guys,

Yep, I think that Keith has definetly "morphed" his headache to me today.....so back on the tabs again..............must have" morphed" the cold to you when I sent you that hug!!!.............please don't "morph" anything back though!!! :lol::lol: Not unless it's something lovely!!

Love K xx

Hi Sami

The pubs sound a great idea. Until about 2 weeks ago I hadn't had any alcohol since my SAH. The first pint of Guinness made me feel flushed (cue jokes about my nickname :)) and brought me out in red blotches. I seem to be OK now though. A couple of friends have invited me on a curry and beer night (blokes only!) so I'll have to take them up on it.

Regards

Keith

Aah Keith, you are so funny! :lol: .........Morph! ......aah love him!

Haven't seen him for years.....have you got too much time on your hands??!!! Hope that you haven't been messing too much with your Company's website......goodness only knows what mischief you are getting up to with that one...

Love K xx :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

PS: Do you realise that every time you change the photo that these postings are going to look a bit insane??? Well, you gave me a good laugh....you mad person......does your wife work or does she have to put up with you throughout the day??? :lol:

Hi Karen

Sorry, I couldn't resist the piccy. I'll change it back again tomorrow.

I completed the basic layout of the company web site home page today and it's been approved by my boss! I've now got all the hard work to finish it off. To be honest, I can't really get up to any mischief with it as it has to look professional.

My wife works a couple of hours per day as a school dinner lady, although they call them something different nowadays. So yes, she has to put up with me for most of the day.

Glad I cheered you up. :)

regards

Keith

Just for those reading this wondering what all the "morph" thing is about when my avatar changes, here it is:

morph.jpg

Hiya Keith,

Well, dinner ladies have my complete and utter admiration!.. I used to help out in the local first/primary school with "Arts and Craft" each week......boy, after a couple of hours working with some of them, I was ready to drop....what some kids can do with paint or charcoal is beyond belief.....most of them ended up looking as though they were wearing it!! :lol: But, I loved it.....as I enjoy children and I love their art work!!

Glad to hear that you've behaved yourself with the web site!! :lol:

Yep, you did cheer me up ...... such a nutter!! :lol:

Love K x

Hi Keith-I was fairly fortunate in that I reckon a lot of the headaches were gone after 6-8 weeks but I still had weird head twinges for nearly a year after when I bent down.

As for booze that was weird..I couldn't take much for months and I felt more affected even with a half pint fpr months..

Anyway I am back to normal on the alchohol front now.

I remember Morph from "vision on"...how old are you?????

Hi Andy

Yes, the headaches are mostly gone now but I also have some odd twinges, mostly above my right eye. This seems odd to me, as my bleed was nowhere near the right eye or even from an artery concerned with the eyes or vision.

A bit of Googling reveals that Morph in fact first appeared in "Take Hart" (1978 - 1984) not "Vision On" (1964 - 1977). Extra points for the title of the gallery music from Vision On anyone?

Regards

Keith

mophyy.gif

Well Keith that would be "Left bank 2 " of course!
:cool:

Well done! I only found that out myself yesterday.

The animation that appeared in Vision On was called Aardman and was created by a little known Bristol company later to be called Aardman Animations who went on to create Morph and his mate Chas, Creature Comforts, Chicken Run, Wallace & Gromit, etc.

Regards

Keith

Hi Keith,

You've definetly got too much time on your hands!!.....I used to love watching Tony Hart......I love art in all of its forms. :D

I can remember watching a programme on Aardman Animations and Morph was featured............I love Morph! :lol: Is Tony Hart still going?

Hope all is well with you,

Love K xx