fluid retention since SAH?

This is a bit of a strange one. Since my SAH, though I feel I drink the same amount I hardly ever need to go to the loo. I don't think I have fluid retention as ankles and tummy not bloated. I did mention it to my GP and she said that "what goes in must come out" and she didn't think I had fluid retention so itmust all balance up.

However I used to be always going to the loo before my SAH and since I onlly go a few times per day. It's almost as if my bladder has got bigger!

Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi Anne

I have the opposite problem, I need to go to the loo more now, especially in the mornings. I do drink a lot of fluids, but I'm also on BP medication and one of the pills is a mild diuretic, so that is probably why. The doc is right though ... what goes in must come out. Even with fluid retention I would have thought it would eventually balance out.

Regards

Keith

I'm the oppisite to you too Anne although I used to be just like that before........

I'm on a water tablet too I have what I call good times and times I need the loo all the time I've noticed last few years that it seems to be as the weather starts to get colder although this year well its been cold......

take care

Louise.x