Incapacity benefit medical what is it? 3/11/08

HELLO, Michelle here,

Can anyone please help i am getting Incapacity Benefit at the momment and have been sent an appointment to go for a medical interview???? Does anyone know what this is. I had my SAH on 13th November 2007 (anniversary coming up soon quite scary). I also had a stroke. In September 2008 i had some recoiling done and still have good day bad days and my legs forget how to walk sometimes. now i have had this appointment sent to me. I am getting really worried as i cannot get any information about it.

Can anyone help, i know too well how people see "us" and have had friends who have said "oh you look perfectly fine" little do they know :roll:

HOPE YOU CAN HELP

michelle c xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi there

I had to go for a medical for my incapacity benifit payment I was worried too but it was ok he just asked me questions dont say your ok if your not I'm due to go again sometime next year, I did think some of the questons were daft but then maybe thats just me.....

hope thats some help if not lets know.

take care

Louise.x

Hello Louise.

Thanks for replying i seem to have got myself in a right state over this, some days i have trouble getting to the top of the stairs and i think they will take one look at me and think oh yes shes fine. I know my O/t dosn't think so.

I think its the word 'medical' thats done it????

Sorry to be miss panicky :roll:

Thanks Michelle C

Hi Michelle

Dont worry about it for me the word 'medical' freaked me out totally and there was nothing medically about it he asked me questions.

I have that too on the one hand I look ok (which is great) but on the other hand people only see what they want to you know how you are and thats what matters.

He asked me if I could work even part time I said no I couldnt if I did I would have no life I think it wasnt quite the answer he thought of as I say I'm due to go again next year and that sort of freaks me a bit because in hind sight I should be lots better in their eyes I mean but honistly its not that way.......

hope that all makes sense and honistly try not to worry...

take care

Louise.x

michelle

the medical you are going to is basicly a dept of health dr who will ask you if you can do certain things to find out if you are fit to work and if he can get you off incapicty benifits therefore cut down the number of claiments goventment wants to do away with incapcity benifits all together and they are cutting down fairly hard

one thing is that the answers you give also inform him if you are a genunine person

one thing i will say if you are disabled in any shape from a sah or stroke you are perfectly entiled to claim disabilty living allowance which takes you off incapaicty benifts and you will not have to be medicaly examined every year they will come and see you at home and therefore make a judgement when they see you moving around indoors dont be brave and try and do everything because on a bad day as you say you cant do hardly anything just be honest some people can even on dla manage to work without being penelised you can work some hours before they stop dla if you get dla you may also be entitled to attendence allowance and mobiltiy allowance and also carers allowance you will not get better overnight and as everyone has said it takes time therefore consider DLA i have filled many forms in for people who have had strokes and worse it does help with extra care personnal and carers coming in to help you i hope this helps you michelle any questions please dont hesitate to contact me best wishs and just be relaxed and try not to worry

Guest Beth1957

Just remember to answer the questions on the basis of how you feel on your BAD days, Louise.

This isn't cheating - you have to live with those bad days!

xxx

Hi Louise.

Thanks for that Louise, and i will try not to get stressed but have phoned them up today to ask if i can change time to a little later and now they are saying if i dont go they will send a form out asking for a reason why if i dont turn up and it will affect my benefit. strange as all i want to do is change the time :evil:

oh well,

Michelle Cxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Michell

Nice to see you!

Yes I know what you mean they dont like you changing the appointments but at the same time think its a standard reply.....my one was at the same time as my OT appt and to be honest it was easier changing the hospital appt so thats what I did....

take care

Louise.x

Hi Louise,

Thanks for replying. Yes got my photo on at last neil (hubby) did it last night its strange seeing it on, don't like photos taking :roll: know what you mean though its nice to see who you are talking to :D

Thats why i tried to change appointment because OT is a couple of hours later,

think it may be too much doing two appointments in one day, but i did try.

Thanks

Love luck and laughter

Michelle C

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx