Shona

Shona

I have 28mm unruptered Aneurysm which has 17 coils in place , a stent and another aretery occluded in June this year .

In September I didn’t feel well and blood was still entering the aneurysm and after many consultations over the world it was decided another stent should be placed .

Since this procedure I have had to learn to walk again , constantly dizzy ,broken my arm because of one too many falls . The right side of my face is still numb and eye doesn’t close tightly .

I know it’s early days for me but I would like it if there is anyone in the group who has gone through the same to tell me if I should be worried or not , many thanks 

Hello Shona,

I had an SAH4 and followed by Ventriculitis, UTI, and then Sepsis, this was in 2009 and I remember none of it. I was coiled .

This site is not able to give  medical advice as we are not Doctors, we have just gone through a similar experience and for me it was scary until I found this site.

We are not alone in this, after I had my shunt fitted for hydrocephalus, it was like a light going on and I saw my Family and dogs xxx

Welcome to BTG and remember a trouble shared is a trouble halved.  I was told I would never walk again but approx. 350 yards and on a good day 400 so keep in there and remember we are survivors xxx Good luck and Welcome to BTG ..Slowly but surely I have made huge leaps for me but it is a slow process so never give up  xxxx

Thank you very much for replying . I know it will be a long time before I am back to some kind of normality . I’m lucky my Aneurysm didn’t burst but the way I feel right now makes me wonder if I have done the right thing . I know that’s stupid but when you feel so bad I think it’s only natural . As they say , “time is a great healer”.

Shona 

You will get there Shona and we all need to give vent to our worries and this is the  place.

Wishing you well and others will reply, so good luck in your recovery  baby steps at first  xxxxx 

You take care of you and try not to stress or worry … I sing when down but only happy ones  xxx 

Hi Shona,

Welcome to BTG.  I had a SAH with no cause found followed by severe vasospasm which put me into intensive care for a week.  I was fortunate to be very close to a 1st class neuro center who took very good care of me.  My event is different from you but I think the thing we all share here is worry, concern and even fear.

I know when I came here I so much wanted to find that person who had exactly what I had.  My event was 11/2 years ago, I haven't met that person, but, I had met through BTG people who share part of my story and people who understand the emotions these events leave us with.  

I like you struggle with unbalance, hence my name Swishy, as that is how I feel most always.  I too have sensory loss on one side but am fortunate that my strength is good, not like before but good.  So sorry you broke your arm, getting hit when your down is very hard.  

One day at a time, Shona, there are great people here, willing to support you as you move forward.  It has helped me more than I can say. 

Take Care,

Jean

Thank you so much for replying to my post .

I know I’m trying to be better too soon so I’ll have to listen to my head in future and slow down . Had a walk today which I was pleased I managed but my head said differently , very woozy and now back in bed to rest . I’ve come to understand I am a different person and the “beast” rules for now . Not for ever but for a wee while .

All my best wishes and thank you 

Shona ????????

Archived