3 month follow-up

Hi everyone

Good news :)

I went to the neuro clinic today and got the "mostly" clear from the neurosurgeon. I say "mostly", because I will need another catheter angiogram next year and possibly further MR angiograms in the future to check on the coils.

I have also seen all of my angiogram pictures, including the ones taken prior to coiling. I found them facinating and I will try to get copies. The neurosurgeon said that the latest angio pictures look good, the artery and aneurism having been completely occluded. Only 4 coils, Sami. Can't beat your 9. :wink:

I also found out that my SAH was grade 4 (highest) on the CT scan (Fischer grade) and initially grade 2, progressing to grade 3 or 4 on the clinical (Hunt & Hess) scale.

Anyway, he is very happy with my recovery and does not need to see me again. He will just write to me after my next angiogram.

Regards

Keith

Hey Keith

Thats good news. Well at least you beat me on the bleed scale - mine was only a 2! :wink:

I know Annie, but people keep telling me that I'm lucky to come out of it as well as I did and that they would never believe it was only three months ago.

I remember getting ready to go for the first time with the girls after my SAH and I put the CD player on and the first song that played was Can't Get You Out of My Head - Kylie!!!! The next one was Toxic by Britney Spears!!! My daughter had been using the CD player - I'll been expecting Coldplay, Red Hot Chilli Peppers or The Calling!!!

Anyway, glad everything went ok.

Take care

Love Sami

xxxx