A link between aneurysms and bulimia?

Hello everyone. I am an aneurysm SAH survivor.

My aneurysms were quite rare by the neurosurgeons accounts. They were perplexed as to how they were caused. I admit to being a smoker on and off for many years. I am also bulimic and have suffered from bulimia for 30 years.i didn’t bring this up with the doctors during my hospital stint. 

Wondering if anyone else has or has suffered from bulimia, if they too, have suffered from cerebral aneurysms, and is there some correlation? I am going to bring this up at my next check up. I might sound completely and incredibly silly. Forgive me :)

Hi there xxx 

Bulimia and aneurysm not sure there is a link you would need to ask a Dr xxx

I had whooping cough as a baby and a few years ago I was convinced that caused my aneurysms but I gave up looking because it couldn't wouldn't change anything xxx

Now if you think bulimia caused your bleed that's what you need to work on the bulmia I don't know what caused your bulimia but you need to work on that as if it was that which caused your bleed you can try and make sure you don't have another one xxx

We cannot give medical advice but go and talk to someone and work through the issues you have, it can only help xxx

Good luck xxx

I remember having conversation with my mum suggesting whether my aneurysm could have been due to falling out of a high slide when I was 4 ...we just will never know is the answer and I think unless you had a clear underlying condition known to raise the risk of sah then everything else is just coincidental personal history leading to that point when a weakness in a wall showed itself. 

I suffer from being a lover of food lol so I am opposite but still had one ..guess theses nasty things do not recognise my love of food  or your bulimia.

They take no prisoners they attack our head and Grrrr lol  I was told "Ahh you drink, ahh you smoke and ahh you are overweight"  I tried to blame my hubby so I was told lol  now I just blame my SAH for everything lol  ... My reply to them he drinks all the wine and they were not impressed !!

Today I do not drink or smoke and the phrase horse and bolt stable door always comes to mind.  Good luck Jennifer xx 

Keep looking forward xxxxx Welcome to Behind the gray 

I just wanted to add that your question as to why is not unusual. I meant to say that also and it’s certainly ok to ask so not silly and no forgiveness needed. We have all questioned as to why but Try to also take comfort in your survival of such an event and just be gentle with yourself in these early days of healing 

Archived