My twin Tina

tishacf

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for you replies, and yes I will give Tina a big hug!

Hi Zoe

Thanks so much for your post. I think you have put it in a nutshell - yes, it is such a scarey time.

I gather from your post that Richard had his SAH in March 2010, and came home in January this year, so he is almost a year behind my twin Tina. Tina has her SAH in April 2009 and was in hospital/rehab etc for two years.

Thinking back a year ago Tina was far more stilted in her conversations and her lack of social interaction at that time was quite marked. In the last year she has moved forward quite considerably.

Everyone told us, from quite an early stage, that Tina had reached her limit on recovery. Well, thankfully, they were so wrong. Even now, 26 months after her SAH/stroke, she is still making progress, little by little she is gaining her independence and I am gaining my sister back. Her personality has very slowly come through and her wonderful dry sense of humour has also returned.

I wish you and your family all the very best and hope that Richard continues to improve day by day.

Tisha xx

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic