4 years ago.....

Patc

Hello everyone!

it’s been awhile since I posted, but I can’t let an anniversary pass without checking in.

My anniversary date is actually tomorrow, October 26, but I wanted to post today as the opportunity presented itself.  October 26, 2016 is the day that defines my life as before the bleed and after the bleed.  I have been one of the lucky ones because other than the occasional headache, « fuzzy brain » and some fatigue, I’ve done pretty well.

I am an Early Childhood Educator (30+ years) and I had to leave the classroom, as it was too chaotic for my brain.  Today, I work with children on the Autism Spectrum as a Behaviour Interventionist - in their homes.  Same field, just tweaked a bit.  

Personally, my main struggle has been the toll it’s taken on my mental health.  When needed, i can count in friends, family and you!  I have had therapy and that is always a big help.  At the end of the day, this site has been a validation of my feelings, my fears, and has provided me a community of of generous, kind hearted people who have walked a mile in my shoes.  For that I thank you.

So, on this anniversary, I want to wish all of you continued good health, and most of all, laughter💜💜💜

Much love,

Pat

Hello Pat and thankyou for sharing with us four years on.

As you say, you have survived, and although life for you has had its ups and downs ..... so glad that your final words are about laughter. 😊

So glad that your employment has been realigned to make work more acceptable following your brain trauma.

Your kind words about the site and it`s members are much appreciated. 

Best wishes for the next year.

Subs

Congratulation on four years...your journey sounds like you have made very good progress...Wonderful you were able to tweak your career to fit your needs.  I agree with you in seeing this site as a kind hearted community. I felt like they threw me a life line :)

I wish you a wonderful year ahead.  Thank you for posting I find the updates so inspiring.

xx Jean

Archived