Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello!

By registering with us, you'll be able to view our forums in full as well as discuss, share and private message other members of Behind The Gray. Why not join us now?
Kerryb

Quadrantanopia

Hey Ally

They really wont mind if you call them every day to be hones. They are fully understanding of how keen you will be to progress things and wont be at all offended for the reminder that you are still waiting. Ask if one of the managers could email the team of doctors who will be reviewing your case to see if they can chivvy it along. It wont hurt.

Good luck and keep us informed. Also, stay positive, you have got this far without hurdle!

JM

On 03/08/2018 at 10:28, Johnnie M said:

Any news Ally? The wheels of industry do turn slowly at DVLA but you may have been lucky? If you are not doing so, call them every day to see how the process is coming along with your claim. I did! 

JM

Thank you I will give them a call tomorrow and see what they say. I was super excited when I got home as I had a letter from the DVLA waiting for me to open! Unfortunately it was a tax reminder 😩

I have contacted the DVLA again this morning and been told they have all my information and it’s with the doctors. Apparently they have no idea how long it takes when it’s with the docs but I’m a ‘high priority’! I suspect they told me that to get me off the phone 😬😬

Well Ally, I had all that flim flam and after a number of weeks I sent a letter of complaint (which in itself took two weeks to deal with!) but it did make a big difference and they have targets you see!

My point to them was that if I am a 'high priority case' then what is it that they are doing to reflect that fact. I knew that they had had the reports they requested as they had already confirm the dates they had received them.

I was also told *by various people at DVLA) that the information would be 'considered within two week' and it had already been 5 weeks so quite what 'high priority meant was beyond my understanding. Words to that effect anyway.

Once the complaint had been received they seemed to be on top of it and I had a specific case officer allocated to me. I guess I was just frustrated at the lack of forward movement really! Worth a try I guess. Well, it couldnt hurt.

JM

I sent my application in at the end of Jan 17. I got put to the top of the pile so to speak after I complained in July. The DVLA then began to send out their requests for medical information etc. My major step forward happened in October when I received my provisional licence for three months to get back out on the road supervised.

Mid Jan 18 I had my assessment and two weeks later exactly one year after my application I received that little peice of plastic that means the world to me. The wait was tough and unknown but a million percent worth it. Every case is handled and dealt with specifically for that person but I wish you all the luck in the world.

I made a good mate from this website and I can’t tell you how it helps to talk to other people that have gone through this scary ordeal and I’m not just talking about the DVLA. survivors 

• Like 2