Impact of anesthesia after SAH

Hi All,

I had my SAH 4 years ago but for the first time since had a medical procedure that included being put to sleep with propafol (spelling may be wrong)...I tolerated it all well woke up quickly but have been wobbly (more than my usual swishy (feel like I am walking on a boat) self.  It was noticed by the medical staff and my usual swish is not.

As I said my first time having any type of anesthesia since my event...Is it typical to take a bit of time to get back to my old self.  This was early this morning it is evening now so hoping to wake up tomorrow good as new and wiser the next time.

thanks

Jean

• Like 1

Hi Tina,

Thanks so much for the good wishes...I didn't wake up feeling great, had a tough night but after about the 24 hour mark I began to feel more like myself.  My balance feels back to normal .  I have never had this happen to me before so I was not expecting it. 

This is a surveillance test I have every 5 years or so because of a family history of colon cancer.  I have never had any concern about having it.  I guess everything changes.

again thanks Tina.

xx

Jean

• Like 1

On 04/09/2021 at 16:53, Swishy said:

YES YAY...testing all clear :)

xx Jean

So glad to hear this Jean, and that you are feeling more like yourself now.

I had read that it affects people differently and can last varying times depending on how long you were out and the amount of anaesthesia etc. 
It’s sound like you are going in the right direction anyway! 
take care x

• Like 1