Pain in heels and toes

I had horrible pain in my buttock after SAH and had to take painkillers for over 2 weeks. The pain in buttock has subsided after 1 month, but 4 months later, I have new symptoms:

1. heel pains started at both sides and now the pain goes from the heels to toes. My toes and heels hurt badly when I walk.

2. I have severe anxiety, especially in the morning, and sometimes I had to lie down. Antidepressant medicine doesn’t help now. 

Does anyone experience these symptoms? I have an appointment with neurologist in June and couldn’t get earlier appointment. Does it mean my peripheral nerves have been damaged?

I’m so frustrated that new symptoms came one after another in the past months!

Hi June :) 

Sorry you are now suffering with heal and toe pain when you walk, sounds very uncomfortable.

Your anxiety could be intensified by these new symptoms, bless you. I know you have your appointment with your Neurologist in June, but have you been to see your GP? They may be able to up your antidepressants if needed and also help with your pain. 

Sometimes i have found in my recovery, you can go one step forward two steps back. It is very frustrating at the time and does get you down. Things will get better, i just takes time. 

Hopefully the Neuro appointment will give you some answers and help. In the mean time if you haven't already, i would try and get to see or speak with your GP. Maybe consider counselling, i found it very helpful to talk to someone when i felt down and frustrated. 

At 4 months i still had bad head, neck pain, double vision, balance problems and extreme fatigue. 

Take care, remember it is very early days in your recovery, be kind to yourself.

Tina xx

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JuneZ said:

1. heel pains started at both sides and now the pain goes from the heels to toes. My toes and heels hurt badly when I walk.

Have tried getting some insoles for your shoes?  There are some available that help with plantar fasciitis

https://www.google.com/search?q=plantar+fasciitis+insoles&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB884GB887&oq=plantar&aqs=chrome.0.69i59l3j69i57j0i271l2.2495j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Take a look - they might help

• Like 1

On 04/05/2022 at 02:54, Tina said:

Hi June :) 

Sorry you are now suffering with heal and toe pain when you walk, sounds very uncomfortable.

Your anxiety could be intensified by these new symptoms, bless you. I know you have your appointment with your Neurologist in June, but have you been to see your GP? They may be able to up your antidepressants if needed and also help with your pain. 

Sometimes i have found in my recovery, you can go one step forward two steps back. It is very frustrating at the time and does get you down. Things will get better, i just takes time. 

Hopefully the Neuro appointment will give you some answers and help. In the mean time if you haven't already, i would try and get to see or speak with your GP. Maybe consider counselling, i found it very helpful to talk to someone when i felt down and frustrated. 

At 4 months i still had bad head, neck pain, double vision, balance problems and extreme fatigue. 

Take care, remember it is very early days in your recovery, be kind to yourself.

Tina xx

Thanks, Tina! The recovery journey is too long…

• Like 2

On 04/05/2022 at 12:27, Skippy said:

Have tried getting some insoles for your shoes?  There are some available that help with plantar fasciitis

https://www.google.com/search?q=plantar+fasciitis+insoles&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB884GB887&oq=plantar&aqs=chrome.0.69i59l3j69i57j0i271l2.2495j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Take a look - they might help

Thanks! I have got a new pair of shoes. Sometimes my legs are so weak that I worried that I might be wheel-chaired...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I too I had horrible pain in my buttock, down my legs into my heels. However, mine was a week or 2 after the SAH. Additionally, I had tingling in the feet and at the back of my neck.  I pleaded for physical therapy. It was a great help.

It is now almost 2 years later after my NASAH and the onset of that pain comes when I'm tired or didn't eat well. However, it is no where near as painful. I then begin to do some of the stretches and activities taught to me during physical and occupational therapy.

It can be frustrating at times. I learned that the body is doing its best to heal. Take care. 

• Like 3

Thanks for the information. That’s very helpful. I was scared to death as the pain in my buttock stays although it subsides. Physical therapist couldn’t identify the cause, so I took EMG last week and the result is normal. I’ll be patient and do more stretches. Thanks!

• Like 1