Headaches (again!)

Hey there

I'm having weird headaches at the moment. In fact they're not actually headaches - its more of when I bend over forwards to pick something up or lean side ways (ie to look into the dishwasher) it hurts - like someone is pressing into the side of my head. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this? It left me in tears last night because I just got so fed up with the whole thing. My nuero has told me that I can do anything I want to (even Alton Towers) yet shaking my head and even laughing hurt - anyone any ideas why? If it hasn't stopped by next week I'm gonna make an appointment with my doctor. But I just thought I'd ask if anyone was/had experienced anything similar.

Cheers

TTFN

Sami xxx

Hey Sami

Why wait till next week!! if its reducing you to tears!!!

Heck I'd get that if I went to Alton Towers, my thinking is that the Surgeons are brilliant & I applaud them (dont know if thats the right word) mines saved my life not once but twice, but I think unless you've been through it how can they quote a time scale or say that you can go on the biggest ride at Alton Towers/Blackpool maybe its just my way of thinking, or maybe its as I found that their time scales for me were way out.

See if you can call the hospital ours has a nurse you can have a chat with sometimes just having a chat to someone that in qualified helps no end believe me.

Take care

Louise.xxx

Hi Sami,

Sending you a big hug.......

It's very hard to describe pain/feeling ....... I sometimes get pain or a pulling sensation around the site of the aneurysm.....again it's not a headache. I think this started at about 12 months post SAH. It's definetly worse if I bend my head down. I can also get a pulsing/squeezing sensation around the back of my head with it. It normally kicks off, if I'm stressed and tired. When I first experienced it, it frightened the living daylights out of me and I must admit, that even now I still don't find it a comfortable experience, but stress is the major trigger factor for me.

I also get nerve pain around and behind my dodgy eye, but thankfully that's eased up and unless I'm particularly tired, I'm able to keep it at bay.

I don't think that I've read anything about getting this type of weird head pain, only about the headaches post SAH.....or do they classify this type of pain as headache?

Hope you're feeling better,

Lots of love K xx

Hey guys

Yeah, am feeling good at the moment. It was last night and it just really annoyed me - I wasn't crying through pain or anything Loobie, just sheer frustration that I've been left like this.

I know I'm being hard on myself but it hurts when I laugh so how the hell am I supposed to enjoy myself when the one thing that supposed to be the best medicine hurts my head!!!!!

I know that I'm -dare I say it - lucky to have walked away from this literally rather than being paralysed or anything but at the moment I feel like a shell of the person I was before and that I'm not going to be able to do all the things I want to do. My problem is impatience and always has been, so i guess I've just got to give myself time to heal some more - after all I'm only 5 months, nearly, post SAH.

Oh well here's to recovery. Thanks for the hug Karen :)

TTFN

Sami xxx

Big hug coming down the line from me too Sami...... :wink:

5 months hey don’t be so tuff on yourself Sami

Yeh I've done a lot of crying through just sheer dam frustration, at how I cant do what I used to, how it gets me down, how I want to do more to help Ronnie & I feel guilty that I cant, & he tells me that it doesn’t matter & he’s cool about it & I wonder is he… Yeh it takes a hell of a lot of time those feelings don’t happen as often now its just the waiting on time passing that’s the challenge they say patience is a virtue how true is that…..

Take care

Louise.xx

I'm also guilty of crying out of frustration............just shows that we're human and that we have a heart.

Love and hugs to you both.......could do with a ****** big hug myself .....things aren't going too good today......but that's a story for another time and another place. :roll:

Glad that you're feeling better Sami.

Love K xx

Hi Sami,

Thanks for the hug... :D

Going to go and stick my headphones on and listen to the Verve and whatever else takes my fancy.......Lauren bought me the new Scissor Sisters CD for xmas and Chris bought me Simple Minds greatest hits....I love them both...

Anyway, need to drown out my thoughts today!

Catch you tomorrow,

Love K xxx

Hey there

Still getting them - not so bad but still there. I have like this constant pressure at the side of my head where the anuerysm is too - its not painful just uncomfortable sometimes. I've been told by the doc that I wouldn't be able to feel it but surely if I have a hard ball of platinum then I'm gonna feel it. Apparently there are no pain receptors in the brain it can only transmit the feeling of pain!!!!

Oh well

TTFN

Sami xxx