New in this...

Hi All,

I just wanted to ask you some questions , I am new in your page and well , i was just wondering if you guys can help me understand what really happened to me.. Im 28 years old, i had SAH a month ago... I've seen some notes about it and it says that a lot of people die from this or end up with problems ... I look and feel normal, just like before... But still have headaches , some weird feeling on the back of my neck, I can't sleep well... I feel scared. I dont know what type of like i can expect after this.. i have 2 little kids so you can understand how i feel. I had endovascualar coiling i think that's how it is named, sorry but really, i been scared of doing research about it. I would really apreciate if you can give some advise.

Thanks.

PS. Sorry about my spelling errors :-D and THANKS TO ALL IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!

Edited by Denisse

Hi Denisse

Warm welcome to the site...

It is a very frightening time and it can take a while to recover but I had mine 10years ago so that tells you something, thats good that you look & feel normal big plus....

dont dwell on the negitives too much you've survived and thats the best thing of all.

hope to hear more from you when you feel up to it

take care

Hi Denisse

I remeber being very frightened and I also worried what kind of life I had ahead and also how much life I had left! You've just come through a major trauma and you are doing really well, I'm assuming English is not your first language, so once again, well done in posting.

When did you have your SAH?

This webiste is currently being upgraded and the stories of members and their SAHs are being uploaded, so you should be able to read about our experiences in the next few days. You will find a lot of similarities amongst us. You are very young to have had a SAH but there are others on here that experienced a SAH at a young age. I took a lot of insipiration from reading posts of other surviviors who were further on in recovery from me. I took inspiration from how they were getting on with life and work. One person I admire the most is Karen, who set up this website. After all she had been through and survived, she was able to do this!

Take care and as had been said before, there is always someone here to listen and if they can they will help.

Hi Denisse

A warm welcome to you it is very early days for you still and perfectly natural to feel afraid and frightened about what has happened to you. There are quite a few members who had their SAH's at about the same age as yourself. It must be really hard for you coping with a young family as well. The headaches and gripping pains are very normal in the early stages of recovery they do get better with time. Try to rest as often as possible and drinking plenty of fluids will also help. Wishing you well in your continued recovery and look forward to hearing more from you.

Hi

Welcome to the site. Nice to have you here.

I'm further into recovery than you. My SAH was on the 21st November 2009.

It's very early days for you. I know it's scary, but the fact that you're able to email so soon after your SAH is a sign your making excellent strides. That alone should give you some confidence.

You've probably heard it many times before (and will again) but rest is so important for you right now. Just concentrate on getting as much rest as possible in the next few weeks.

You're going to be very tired, it's normal and try not to fight it.

Let us know how you get on in the next few weeks.

L xx

Edited by Lin-lin

Hiya Denisse....

Nothing to be scared of...honest.

The reason I say that is how you feel....you said you felt normal....great!

Yes you are young...but we all learn what can happen in life.

Yes...you have been through a difficult time but you beat it.

Were you ruptured at your haemorrhage or non-ruptured?

Not that I should be asking you questions at this stage...so answer that another time.

You said you feel well...good, but all of us will give you the same advise. Don't jump in and charge for your life back. Take things easy, the pressure on you will happen straight away having young kids...and they won't know of course.

Just have a quiet pray one day that you were lucky.

I say thank God you beat it. So nothing now for you to be scared of....you did the hard work. Now just think about your future.

Hi Denisse,welcome. I was terrified too,who wouldn't be it's a huge thing to have happen.The head ache and tiredness are all normal just give it time thats what is needed. I hope you have help with the little ones you need plenty of rest it is really early days for you don't try to rush it. Take good care of yourself and try not to worry. Take a look at the stories here you will get plenty of information. And don't be afraid to ask someone will be able to help I am sure. Maggie x

Hola Denisse! Bienvenido a BTG. Don't worry about asking any questions, that is what we are here for. It is a very stressful thing we've all been through, and yes, we have survived, we are the lucky ones. I found the leaflet from the Brain and Spine Foundation invaluable! You can browse it online here. Take care and don't worry - all the things you are feeling, we have all felt!!

Hi Denisse :) A very warm welcome to BTG :)

Wow you are doing well to be on here and posting...well done you ! BUT!!!! As the others have said....dont rush things and rest up plenty, especially with two children to look after. Glad you found us....look forward to hearing more from you...take care Love Tina xx

Hi Denise and welcome to the site, you sound as though you are doing really well, it is very early days as yet and recovery is a long process for many, but i'm sure just like everyone else on here you will get there, Best wishes Rod