hello to you all

ursula

I have just found your web site and i was glad to find a web site where there are other people that have had a SAH.

I thoght you might like to here about my story

Iam 37 now but i had my SAH two years ago on the 5 Feb.I finished work as normal had a shower and was laying on my bed listening to some music when i went to get up i had a pain in my head that i had not felt before i dont know what happoned next but when i came around the amblance was there i was taken to hosiptal and after 4 days of misdiagnosis ( too long a story to tell you ) at my local hosiptal i was taken to the Royal Free where it was coiled.

It has taken me a long time to get over my SAH and i am stil back and foward to the Hosiptal as i have been left with epilepsy and have had some bad fits and two years later they are still trying to sort out my meds.

I look foward to speaking to you all

Take care

Ursula

Hi Ursula,

A very warm welcome to the site and thanks for telling us some of your background.

I had 3 or 4 seizures, mostly as the SAH was happening and then another post coiling. The worry of having seizures since, has been one of my biggest dreads. As to date, I haven't had any, but on some occasions, especially when I'm very tired, I can feel a bit shaky. I was on Phenytoin for quite a while, but I found that I had some pretty bad side effects from it.

Hope that they get your meds sorted eventually, I can't imagine what it must be like for you.

Do you have family or children? I know I'm nosey! Also, have you managed to go back to work?

This site is fairly quiet at weekends, but it's fairly lively during the week days.....anyway, hope that you're having a good weekend,

Love Karen x

Hi Karen

yes i have two children aged 11 and 13 it was my son that found me after my SAH

Yes i am back at work i went back 4 months after my SAH

I am working for M&S in admin at the moment but i was working for BP when i had my SAH and they have both been good to me in letting me have time off when i have to go to Hospital, but like you i get very tired but i have'nt had a fit for three months now which is good for me.

Thanks for your quick reply

I look forward to hearing about you

Take Care

Ursula

Hi Ursula,

My SAH experience is in the Articles section - (Your Story) on the home page.

I'm married with two kids......16 & 20 years old... Lauren is my youngest and Christopher is the eldest. Chris helps me with running this site and does all the technical stuff that's way over my head! They're great kids. :D

I'm 18 months post SAH and haven't returned to work.....my recovery has been slow...I've still got some physical issues, the worse thing is my eyesight really and that has caused me some balance problems. Hence, setting up this site, which keeps me out of mischief!

Good to know that your Employers have been sympathetic towards you...I have read the odd story where it's not always been the case.

Mentally, I think that I'm still coming to terms with everything....life has improved a lot in the last few months and it's so good to be able to speak to others who are in the same position and feel the same as you do. Finally, I'm having more good days than bad ones and at the moment I'm just grateful for that!

Love K x

:):lol:

Hi Ursula,

Welcome to the site.

I too had a seizure when I had the SAH I was on sodiumvalporate for about a year & a half but I was lucky that I didnt have anymore in that respect I was lucky.

Hope to hear from you again soon.

Take care

Louise.

HI louise

thanks for your reply

I hope this e-mail finds you well and i a so glad that you are off sodiumvalporate i hope one day they wll take me off a drugs but i cant see that happoning.What i miss most is not beening able to drive.

But i must look on the bright side i am still here with my family and friends

speak soon

god bless

Ursula

Hi Ursula,

I know what you mean about the driving....I felt as though I was being punished and the loss of independence was huge..........I only had to wait 3 months post SAH to be able to drive..............Even so, I didn't think that I was capable of driving at that point, just didn't feel "with it" at all.......think that the Phenytoin played a big part in that.

I probably started to drive at the 4 -5 month stage and even now, 18 months on, I can only cope with small journeys....but at least I can do that.

Keep well,

Love Karen x

Hi Ursula

Welcome to the family. I'm five months post SAH and got my licence back in December. I never really enjoyed driving but when its taken away from you without your choice you tend to miss it.

Hope your recovery is generally good.

TTFN

Sami xxx

Hi sami

Thanks for your message

Life could be better i still see my neurologist every 3 months( its been nearly two years since my SAH ) every time a go i hope it will be longer before i see him again but he saved my life so i know i am in good hands.

i hope each day gets better and better for you

take care

Ursula xx