NEW SAH problem-Song stuck in my head

Hello All:

A little self effacing humor so I don't shoot myself today. It seems since my SAH I often get a song stuck in my head. You know, everyone gets a song stuck in their head. But since my SAH, the song LITERALLY GETS STUCK IN MY HEAD. No, I'm not kidding, since the SAH often times I literally can't get the song out of my brain.

It's as if it just keeps rewinding and my brain and plays over and over again and I cant get it to stop. Am I crazy (don't answer that Sarah Lou) or has this ever happened to anyone else? A small price to pay to be alive and well though.

Anyone want to know the song? It's called Grace, Too by a Canandian band called the Tragically Hip. Canadian members are you with me? It's a good song and I'll be sadly dissapointed if no one has ever heard of it.

Maybe Win can sing us a song?

David

Hey David

Yeah I can totally understand this problem - nearly 6 years on and I still get a song stuck in my head - sometimes to the point where it stops me getting to sleep. Its even more annoying wheny its some crappy song from an advert on the tv just before I go to bed ggggrrrrrr. I do have a solution though - I play some relaxing music to over come the stuck record in my head :crazy: - sometimes it actually works :lol:

Hope you like song David...x

Oh Danny boy the pipes the pipes are calling

From glen to glen and down the mountainside

The summers gone and all the leaves are dying

Tis you tis you must go and I must bide.. ,,,,,,,next bit high

But come ye back when summers in the meadowwwwww

Or when the valley's hushed and white with snowwwwwwwwwww

Yes i'll be here in in sunshine or in shadows ~ (even higher)

Oh Dannyboy oh Dannyboy I Love you Sooooooooooooooo

Thanks All, :redface: Win bows and curtsey's Flowers for me supprise look

Win, I love that song (maybe because my big boy is called Danny???)

David, as Sami said, I can hear a song on a TV ad, go to bed with my book and read every sentence in the book to the tune of the song that's stuck in my head. It is massively annoying but I do force myself to read the lines in my own voice whilst ignoring the tune. It takes a huge effort but I will not be beaten (ok sometimes I am and I give up reading the book :crazy:) It often becomes a challenge between my voice and the song tune and this did not ever happen before the SAH!

Fight the tune!!!!!

Michelle x

I'm usually the one getting songs stuck in OTHER people's heads! LOL Sometimes, just to be evil, I play "It's a Small World" over and over again in my classroom. On Friday's I play Rebecca Black's Friday song.

Yes, I am the evil teacher....

I sleep with headphones in listening to a book on my iPhone. Usually it's Harry Potter. I already know the stories so I don't get caught up in them, and they don't keep me awake. But if I do wake up, I can listen to Jim Dale's voice for a little while (it keeps me from thinking about other stuff) and he reads me back to sleep. I did this in the hospital and it helped me sleep through the beeping in my room. Every time I'd doze off the heart rate alarm would go off because my resting HR is 40 (or was 40 11 weeks ago). That helps with any kind of repetitious song, thought, or anxiety.

Win, I love that song (maybe because my big boy is called Danny???)

David, as Sami said, I can hear a song on a TV ad, go to bed with my book and read every sentence in the book to the tune of the song that's stuck in my head. It is massively annoying but I do force myself to read the lines in my own voice whilst ignoring the tune. It takes a huge effort but I will not be beaten (ok sometimes I am and I give up reading the book :crazy:) It often becomes a challenge between my voice and the song tune and this did not ever happen before the SAH!

Fight the tune!!!!!

Michelle x

You go GG. Fight the tune! Belated Happy Birthday BTW. You guys are right about the TV ads too. I go to be to the radio so that usually works.

David