Posted on behalf of Pauline Bromley

Karen

Hi Im not too clever at this but here goes.I've just had my 1st anniversary of my SAH,2nd May 2011.We had just said Bye to our visitors when I had a sudden pain in my head which got worse and worse I had to sit outside for a while,I needed fresh air.I went to bed but vomited all night.By mid morning I could'nt get fluids to stay down so I had to seek help.Any way I ended up in hospital awaiting a endovascular coiling op.My stay in hospital was only 7 days and uneventful.Made good recovery really.I just wasn't prepared for the aftermath. I have never known tiredness or fatigue like it.I get up ready to do such alot but by the time I done breakfast and washed and dressed I'm useless.The fatigue sets in and I can't do or think about anything.After a year I thought I would be back at work'as a hairdresser but I don't think I'll ever do that again.I'm having to re think my whole life.The headaches are continual and the more I try to do I just get confused.I try to do the weekly shop but I find by the time I'm at the check-out I can't concentrate my husband has to take over.I don't go out on my own any more I am not sure I could cope.And that black cloud that comes down suddenly and maybe lasts for afew days is horrible but when its gone I feel like myself, old self that is, may come back again someday.That's all for now luv pauline:-D

Hi Pauline & welcome to BTG. I totally understand the black cloud although mine is more anger than depression but since being on anti d's its got a lot better.

Just sharing on here helps enourmously & you don't feel so alone with your thoughts & feelings wondering if you are normal for feeling like that. I am lucky in that I found BTG quite soon after my op otherwise I don't think I would be so together now!

With regard to the fatigue I try to rest as much as I can but now on a good day (yesterday) I can get quite a lot done but on a bad day I get nothing done at all! shopping wise I do mine all online, once you have your main bits set up (milk, cheese, bread etc) its quite quick to pop them in your basket. It also means I can go back & review what I've ordered & add things I've forgotten. I must change it at least 10 times or more before the day it comes. In my opinion the delivery charge is well worth saving my energy & time in store.

Looking forward to hearing more from you soon, take care hon xxx

Edited by bagpuss

Pauline,

fatigue is my curse also - 20 months in and it's still my biggest problem. Don't try to do too much at one time - your body won't let you any way so listen to it. That is you telling yourself you're not ready to tackle that task yet! it's very hard, but let others d oit for you, I bet you've done loads for them over the years. Don't run before you can walk. It's a long walk but as someone said on here - even the longest journey starts with a single step - you'll get there in the end. If you look very closely, I'm just a bit further up that same road as you - keep going girl - you'll make it

Macca