Hi I'm Lesley

cheezo

Hi everyone- my name is Lesley, I will be 46 in a few weeks Im married and have two beautiful girls age 6 and 12. Unfortunately 3.5wks ago I had a SAH while doing my teeth getting myself and kids ready for work/school. I had a very strange sensation in my head then the next thing i woke up on the bathroom floor and couldnt stand up as my legs were paralyzed from the knee down- i called on my eldest daughter and asked her to call her gran who just lives a few doors away. She did this and then thankfully for me decided to call an ambulance because she said i was acting very strangely. Anyway thank god she did- I had an operation the following day, they clipped mine and im glad to say everything else seems to be ok now. I got home 1.5wks ago and have been very frightened, anxious, cry all the time etc etc so I am thrilled to have found this site as reading some of the stories has helped because i ñow know these things im feeling are normal.

I have a hell of a long way to go and im hoping you will all help me through :-D

Thank you in advance

Hi there Lesley, Welcome to BTG! It's been 2 years since my brain exploded, as I called it. I found this wonderful site by searching for answers to my questions online, where my doctors cannot provide me with straight answers or just cannot simply explain what's going on in my head. I was getting frustrated and hopeless when I found this haven. This site is full of awesome people who knows what you're going through. I don't log in and post a lot but I do look in, read posts and see what's going on with my friends I've met here. I had my NASAH in 2011, I remember how frustrated i was after my released from the hospital (7 days), i was told that i had a brain bleed (SAH)/stroke, i was going bonkers just the thought of what happened to me. I asked myself a million times, how and why me? I remember seeing my neurologist every 3 months and my gp every chance i get or when i panic because i felt some weird sensations in my head.

Hang in there, keep reading and asks questions...you'll get a lot of support here. Welcome.

Hi to those looking in!

Ryan

Thank you for your post on my introduction.

Yes we are very lucky to have found this site so early on, the fact that we did shows that we were looking and that the information given turn us at hospital does not come close to being enough.

It is a very scary time we are going through and I don't think it is irrational to think that the coils/clips are going to fail as upon leaving hospital we don't really no. It was only after calling an ambulance and going to A&E that I was told that it was very unlikely they would fail (although no impossible)!

Nice to meet you and I wish you all the best with your recovery!

Take care

Mick

Hi Lesley & welcome to BTG

Yep all sounds normal to me though until I found this site I thought I was doing something wrong. A few weeks after discharge a gp friend asked how i was & I said I was fine! Then he asked me how I was doing emotionally & I promptly burst into tears! In the early days I had a lot of help from headway & learnt that all those feelings are not just for sah patients but all brain injury patients regardless of how it was caused.

3.5 weeks is so early days, things will still be up in the air so don't expect too much of yourself, read a letter from your brain on the home page. I find it still helps to put things in perspective for me.

1.5 weeks being at home is jsut starting over so take things slowly, keep a journal & drink lots

take care xxx

Hi Lesley,

You are not alone emotionally. I am going on 8 weeks and still have daily crying spells. I believe it is a combination of the SAH and meds. Reality hits home when you are alone and start searching for answers, which may never be truly apparent.

Smile, you are alive and even though it is difficult, you have so much to look forward too. I look at my soon to be 8 yr old and know why I am here. Children are so healing.

I

Thanks everyone for speaking to me :-P I know mine has happened very recently and i have a long way to go but i already think this forum will help me.

I actually feel very lucky because I'm ALIVE and that im sure is because i have 2 kids- i will fight on and hopefully get back to my normal self one day - meanwhile i'm having a cry as i type hahahaha this is nuts :lol:

Hi, welcome this site it is amazing, I too had mine clipped three weeks ago following a bleed and have been home for 2 weeks. Great to be in touch with people going through the same Ill be sure to keep in contact. Sarahg x

yes this site is great I am not to good on wording stuff ,so I tend to just read others and it is always a great help.lesley I to had my bleed whilst cleaning my teeth strange sensations etc ,,,I was in hospital for I think 24 days after my clipping I work in a paper mill on shifts and doing a phased return to work but with luck on the 24th of this month back fulltime ,8 days past the year of my op....I to still get emotional and very tired but as much as feel down at times I to know how very lucky to be alive ...time we all need time and like me enjoy this site .

best regards shaun:-D

Welcome Lesley. Hope you're taking it easy. Make sure you ask friends for help with the school run and don't be tempted to ' be strong' and prove you're ok, now is the time to rest so you can recover, your brains had a a big bumpy ride.

My daughters were 9 and 7 when I had my SAH. They still get worried when I'm under the weather but they are less cross with me now for scaring them so much, we have talked a lot. Hope your girls are coping with their scarey time ok.

Hi daffodil. I am finding it hard just sitting back and letting people do things but I am forcing myself because i know i will recover quicker (well hopefully) if i rest- its not in my nature to let people do things for me, usually im very much 'i can cope on my own thank you' :lol:

My girls are ok I think- julie is almost 6 and doesnt really know whats going on but she does know I'm not well and she helps me with my medicine and stuff and does ask when will you be better. Molly is 12 and i chat with her all the time about it because she was the one who off her own back phoned an ambulance, poor girl must have been scared stiff but thank god she did. She talks about it and tells me thinks that happened so i think she is ok, she does worry though, she is always telling me to lie down and she gets bit panicky when i say i have a sore head.

Hope your feeling ok today :-)

Lesley xx