water drinking

I feel awful if I do not drink enough. I have a water cooler at home and at work and that helps. I often do not drink enough water in a day but I could not drink tap water- I would have to buy bottled water if I am out. If I am out and about I have a little cooler that I bring a jug in. I only drink water and beer! Not tea, coke etc.. I carry a bottle with me. I force myself to drink like 1/2 a bottle at a time if I am low.

I feel sluggish, headaches etc... plus my mouth is always dry. That is why if I get to have beer I drink like a man now, I chug but I am often thirsty.

My husband is a good reminder for me to drink as he drinks much water - he only has one kidney left and it is 2/3 functioning so he must drink a gallon a day. I am no way near that.

maryb

Edited by MaryB

Hi Lesley!

I don't think I drink 3l every day but I carry water with me wherever I go. If I get thirsty my 'weirdo' symptoms are worse. There is no doubt of that. Water doesn't take the symptoms away but they come on sooner, stronger, and stay longer without it. When I'm in a noisy area (one of the triggers for my brain to start complaining) I get thirsty. I wonder if our brains are working harder and needing more water.

Sandi K.

This is not only true for us but others with medical conditions get headaches from not drinking enough. I hope my friend 5 years post cancer sees this. He has such a headache if he does not drink enough but he hates having to unrinate all the time.

Hi,

Prior to my NASAH I rarely drank water. But, in the hospital, I was told to drink plenty of it to keep my veins plump and hydrated so to keep the blood and oxygen flowing smoothly. So, now I try and drink as much as I can but I'd drown drinking 3 liters a day cannot even imagine the bathroom breaks. :)

I

I hardly used to drink at all but post op I drink a lot more. In hospital I ahd to drink 3l for my trans cranial dopplers to come down enough so they could let me home, I'd been on gelofusin to bump my pressure up so I just had to do it. I was wearing a groove in the floor from my bed to the bathroom tho.

Now I drink lots more but def not 3l unless I have a headache day which means I drink more to ease the pain.

Thank you for replying everyone - i now have a smile on my face. :-)

I will make sure i have a 500ml bottle next to me at all times that would be a start. I do feel thirsty more often and funnily enough my head is always sore when i wake in the morning so this could be because im not drinking through the night :

Before my sah i liked/loved a glass of wine with dinner and at weekends quite a few- would this count as some of my liquid intake do you think hahaha. Sadly since my sah ive not even felt like a glass (which isnt a bad thing) but i am hoping the feeling comes back at some point :-)

Thanks again I'm off to get my water now

Lesley xxx

Hi Lesley

I think its more a "fluid" thing than just water (alcohol not included in this unfortunately) so things like de-caf coffee and tea would count as part of your three litres. Try putting some cordial in your water too - its stops it being boring :lol: