Hypertension

At the moment I'm feeling really due to my blood pressure going through the roof. I was wondering how many of you suffer from the same and the medication you take, I've had my doses doubled (which bizarrely means less tablets) and something else added and I'm waiting for it all to kick in.

I've been given....

Amlodipine 10mg

Valsartan 160mg

Bendroflumethiazide 2.5mg

We all know that we need to keep our BP under control and along with the smoking my hypertension is the "smoking gun" of my SAH. The symptons I have are the same as ever but more intense dizzyness, detached feeling and strange headaches. I'm also picking up the wonderful sounding 24hr urine sample kit which promises to be a good day!

Any thoughts?

Scott

Hi Scott,

I don't suffer the high blood pressure......but have ****** awful dizziness and the "detached feeling" (most days)......as though I'm not quite "all there" and might wake up one day.....Still have to have the cold air blasting when I'm driving and have to concentrate like hell....

It's not good is it?

Hope that things get better for you....

Hi Scott

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well.

I never really had any symptoms from my hypertension. All I know is that my BP was very high after SAH and the doc didn't want to do anything about it for the first few months of my recovery. The brain asks for more blood pressure during healing apparently.

I'm now on:

Ramipril 2.5mg

Bendroflumethiazide 2.5mg

Amlodipine 5mg

I've been on them for a few months now and my BP seems to be under control with no side effects from the medication. I've also lost a fair bit of weight, which must have helped the BP.

I'm also on simvastatin (for cholesterol) and diclofenac (for shoulder pain) so my life seems to revolve around taking pills at the moment! :roll:

Hope you feel better soon.

Regards

Keith

Guest Cathy

Sorry you are not feeling so grand Scott,

Funny about the detatched feeling I get that, you know you are there but your not there. Odd feeling, first they thought I might be have epilepsy. Went and had wires attached to my head thank heavens it wasn't but it was because there is more activity than normal happeing. Mind you not quite sure what it means but hey ho. Blood pressure is something I have now got and taking pills for. Under control so I will keep on with the tablets. Unfortunately dizzyness seems to be part of it all as well.

I also have to really concentrate when I am driving. Looking on the bright side, yes there is one we must be the safest drivers on the road because we don't take it for granted :lol:

Take care thinking about you,

Mollyx

Post SAH I've picked up the only points on my license in 20 odd years of driving! Still having set cameras off I've been very lucky not to of gotten more speeding tickets both pre and post SAH (I will qualify that and say none of them was on single lane roads with anything other than clear roads).

I am getting very fed up with the way I feel tho! Four years on and no sign of them going away. The good periods are getting longer and longer which makes the down periods more noticeable.

Scott

Hi there

Yes high blood pressure which I never knew I had till I went for an angio & they woulnd do it.

It was all to do with stress I was under at the time - long story

I try to eat lots of veg, I use lots of different herbs now which I never did before & yep garlic too.

For me its:

Bendrofluazide 2.5mg

Amlodipine 5mg

Atenolol 50mg

Take care

Louise.x

Guest Cathy

I really do understand how you feel and what you are saying. When I am going through a bad time I withdraw into myself . It is very difficult for others to understand but I feel so ill, not the right word but as if everything about me can't cope. As you say because the good times are longer when you hit a bad one watch out. Head and body don't want to work. It is not easy and being told how lucky you are etc doesn't help but there is only one person who can help times like this and that is yourself. I don't mean it horribly but I find me is who gets me out of it. This site helps, just reading other peoples daily ongoings. Sometimes you might get close to the edge but always try and hang onto one small thing which means a lot to you.

Try not to fight the problems you have but to go with them. I have had to change so much from the person I was to who I am now. Boy did I fight it but slowly over the time I realise there is nothing I can do to change the past but I have a say in what happens next. Take things at a slower pace and I try and try is the word ask myself 'has the world stopped turning' because I can't or haven't been able to do so and so'. As yet my mistakes and unables haven't had a great effect on the global stopping.

I hope you don't feel I am preaching just trying to say I understand.

Take care,

Molly

Hi Molly,

I could have written your last post .... I'm the same and what you describe as withdrawing into yourself, is what I also experience when the physical stuff returns with a vengeance and you wonder how many more times this is going to happen..... the only comfort that you can draw from it, is that you got through the last time it happened and like you say, you sort of just have to go with it for a while. It's hard though.....

Guest Cathy

Hi,

You are right it is hard , it is ****** hard but we hang on in there :) In fact I think we are the best group of people in the world :P Dare anybody to argue with that statement :lol:

Mollyx